Who Wants to Try a Different ORV Park? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bang Bang

Age is a state of mind.
Threads
Website
www.lalandkrewesers.com
We have been tossing around the idea for doing our own event for some time now. Jonas sent me an email yesterday asking about doing a small scale event in March of next year at Superlift. I love Superlift and am all for going there as often as possible. But with SCC and the Razorback Ramble already held at that venue, I would be interested in trying to do something at a different park just for some variety. Well, I ran across this place Choccolocco Mtn ORV Park and it looks to have a variety of trails. 450 acres or so with easy, moderate and extreme trails the park is only 6.5 hours from here on Google maps. The trails look a lot like Superlift's from the pictures.

Would anyone be interested in making a "scouting trip" to this park on the weekend of Nov 16 - 18? We could plan to leave here Fri morning, wheel Fri afternoon and all day Sat, maybe wheel a little Sun morning and then head home. Only $30 for the weekend and it includes primitive camping and if you want an RV site it's only $30 more for the weekend. We can see what this place is like and decide if we want to attempt to plan an event here. I have spoken to a few of the jeep guys around here and all have good things to say about this place.

So, who's in for a scouting run??

1. Mike

i will see when our court date is, and what we figure out as far as custody goes, but i can probably go. this is a great idea. we need a clever name for the event. ill start brainstorming.

i will see when our court date is, and what we figure out as far as custody goes, but i can probably go. this is a great idea. we need a clever name for the event. ill start brainstorming.

Michael Legnon's Louisiana Land Krewesers Alabama Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race For the Cure!

I wish...

Well, I just spoke to Erick and told him I would not be able to post up but I am......:lol:

Anyway, Erick would like to shoot for the Nov 30, Dec 1 - 2 weekend. Would that work any better? I am open to just about any weekend till the end of the year just not the week between Christmas and New Year's.

As for a name, it was just a matter of coincidence that Jonas and I had the same idea of Mardi Krawl to go along with our theme but we are open to discussion about it. You know how things go around here......it's your club and the club makes the decisions. And while Bowen's idea has a nice ring to it, take my name out and throw it in the pot to see if it sticks with the group. I just don't know how we are going to find a charity to make a donation to that goes with the name. :lol:

November 30-dec 2 would be a better date for me.

Easton's birthday party is that weekend, I probably shouldn't miss that.

Well, I just spoke to Erick and told him I would not be able to post up but I am......:lol:

Anyway, Erick would like to shoot for the Nov 30, Dec 1 - 2 weekend. Would that work any better? I am open to just about any weekend till the end of the year just not the week between Christmas and New Year's.

As for a name, it was just a matter of coincidence that Jonas and I had the same idea of Mardi Krawl to go along with our theme but we are open to discussion about it. You know how things go around here......it's your club and the club makes the decisions. And while Bowen's idea has a nice ring to it, take my name out and throw it in the pot to see if it sticks with the group. I just don't know how we are going to find a charity to make a donation to that goes with the name. :lol:

I like the mardi Krawl idea

This is something that I have been thinking about for awhile and I wanted to pick a time of year that would loosely correspond with a Mardi Gras theme. I had the "Mardi Crawl" name running around in my head for quite some time and I really think that with the rate our club is growing that we need our own trail run. I thought we could start out small and let this thing take on a life of its own and see where it goes. I finally reached out to the BOD and it seems Mike has had a similar plan that he was also working on. I suggested Superlift because I thought it would be easy for our first club trail event and it would also be easily accessible to all of our friends in TX, MS, and OK. I am all for a location that is more specific to us but I wanted to get things off of the ground first and then fix what doesn't work or at least change things for the better. I think this is an awesome thing for us to all be involved in and see what kind of great event we can put on.

Absolutely right Jonas. It will require some work on our part so as soon as our esteemed Event Coordinator gets back in town, we will get working on a "LLK Event Team" to spearhead this new chapter in our club's growth. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom