Who still uses their 45 for work? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jestlurnin

SILVER Star
Threads
Just wondering if anyone out there still uses their 45 for work. The story I got when I bought my RHD 75’ 45 was that it grew up on a venison farm in NZ. Well I recently purchased a hobby farm and have been using the heck outa my 45 for farm work. In fact had to use it today to jump my riding lawn mower!! I’d love to rehab it some day but not sure I can due the body work until the majority of the major farm rehab work is done!

B946249F-FBD8-47AD-9CFA-6D6B1F096F71.jpeg

My ‘63 FJ45LP SWB will be a work truck on our family cattle ranch when I get it running. Fortunately I have a ‘65 FJ40L that fills that bill right now, but a PU will be better. Driven every day hauling salt blocks, protein tubs and of course fence building supplies (posts, wire) into the dry ground fields where the cow-calf pairs spend the summer.

Nice rig! Have fun with the farm. And keep that helper helping! (And safe...)

I got a load of scrap metal from around the shop loaded in the bed for a trip to the metal recycler tomorrow.

I'll pick up supplies for a new section of fence on the way home.

Next time I go wheeling with it, I will stock up on fire wood.

And like you, I won't restore it until I am finished using it like a truck.

Mark that’s awesome! Thought being a retired fireman you’d have sworn those things off!! I’m sure you are safe on it though. I still owe you those wheel clips!

@sandcruiser90 nothing on the farm yet it’s just unused pasture but plan on putting 15 acres of Pinot Noir in over the next 1-3 years.

It’s a severely neglected property so right now I’m just trying to unbury it. I have yet to purchase a tractor so the 45 is my makeshift tractor for the time being.

94F05BEB-B760-4EC1-AC14-7C8544548362.jpeg
130FBE35-7F76-4EE9-BD9E-6B034C8E842C.jpeg
8ED9FA92-54BA-46C1-A105-70543032322B.jpeg
Our “farm”’is 26 ac in Western NC mountains. Has some pasture, driving and hiking trails that go up the mountain and a clear running creek. Plan to put in a pond. Eventually have small livestock (goats, chickens). Right now it has an apiary.

My wife enjoys projects. We just built a lean to onto a shed for the tractor. This is it half way done.

Have the 40 there now.

G'day Jestlurnin, Great pics. I reckon a majority of 45's down under still do an honest days work. Cheers, Ben. P.S. Feel welcome to post more images from Portland. It is one of must visit destinations at some point.

@Pauciflora I gotta make it down under soon and go on a 45 hunt! It would be awesome to see them in their native environment!

@Rix 45 your truck is AWESOME!

I’m so glad folks are still using these and they aren’t just trailer queens.

Was the work dd until a year or so ago when i got a camry for design day duties but still gets plenty of plant hunting and hauling action ... though mulch in summer trim is not advisable :lol:

Its too big and too loud and too fast and i love it. I foolishly passed on a 67 1f 3spd in 09 but knew it would see shovels and dirt and it was too clean. Doh. If only i knew. Would still love a more stock original example one day
31A9E8A3-E353-4F0E-BB61-EBD777DDA186.jpeg
4BD29478-8AC3-4C4E-A575-F9833F0E2D36.jpeg

Drainage day...

Turns out by running 6 10’ sticks of 4” pipe from tailgate to windshield I have effectively installed the worlds biggest deer whistle this morning. Made it all of about 2 exits before having to pull over and cover the ends.

@sandcruiser90 looks great. Would love to catch up sometime. Was just up in madison co. at the family land looking in every barn for another project.

Havent been up to cedar mtn since some early upstate cruiser days.

4A6050B6-37DD-4E59-BC96-535860CB73C5.jpeg

I typically haul trash and pick up parts in these. The SWB usually gets off easier. The long bed will be pulling a homemade camp trailer this summer on a regular basis.

D22A3E8D-9159-4DDD-BD6C-B2C20FDB88AE.jpeg

0CA663D5-CD8D-4539-8802-8170EC26FE24.jpeg

FE174A0B-B2CB-46B4-BD50-D5950C849F57.jpeg

Leroy,

What finish or paint do you have on your red lwb 45?
I used a fine partical Kevlar bed liner. I wasn’t wanting anything fancy as this truck will serve as a driver and bash around vehicle for the camping trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom