Who has an Interstate MT7-75DT in stock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here it is....small

20161031_181324.jpg

Un installed

20161020_221146.jpg

@savirc can you bring the uninstalled tray to a auto parts store and test fit batteries? OR is it too far installed?

@savirc can you bring the uninstalled tray to a auto parts store and test fit batteries? OR is it too far installed?

I would except I've already installed it (first pic) so now I'll have to shop around with a measuring tape.

I would except I've already installed it (first pic) so now I'll have to shop around with a measuring tape.
Please post results. Hopefully we can find a good solution bc I plan on installing one of these one I remove my AHC resivoir and this issue has been in the back of my mind.

Will do.

Wow that analogy is not even close.

Johnson Controls has manufactured many white label batteries for Sears, Interstate and others.

Actually, it's a completely accurate analogy. There are a few manufacturers that produce everybody's laptops. There are a few manufacturers that produce everybody's batteries. Just because laptops (or batteries) came from the same manufacturer (even though they have different branding) doesn't mean they're the same laptop (or battery)... sometimes they might be, but usually they're not.

At the end of the day, manufacturers build to their customer's spec. I'll also add that there are assumptions being made in this thread (and others on here and other 4x4 forums) about who makes what batteries for who that aren't always correct.

Actually, it's a completely accurate analogy. There are a few manufacturers that produce everybody's laptops. There are a few manufacturers that produce everybody's batteries. Just because laptops (or batteries) came from the same manufacturer (even though they have different branding) doesn't mean they're the same laptop (or battery)... sometimes they might be, but usually they're not.

At the end of the day, manufacturers build to their customer's spec. I'll also add that there are assumptions being made in this thread (and others on here and other 4x4 forums) about who makes what batteries for who that aren't always correct.

I think you taking supply chain components to end assembly and mixing the analogy - we'll just disagree.

More importantly we need to figure out this battery thing - no room in the tray equals limited choices.

Went to homedepot last night getting some items for a bathroom renovation and wondered into the small almost non-existing car section where they have car batteries and found this one that had perfect measurements to fit in the tray. I'll continue the search but already found one that will fit without breaking the bank at 99 bucks.

20161031_203822.jpg

I ended up using the optima yellow top

20161216_123321.jpg

Very nice. What switch did you use and how did you mount it? Thanks.

I have more details on my build thread, but used pretty much all Blue Sea set up with bussmann breakers and custom brackets. couple of pics

20161216_123348.jpg

20161216_123339.jpg

My favorite part of the install was the voltmeter

20161207_080003.jpg

Went to homedepot last night getting some items for a bathroom renovation and wondered into the small almost non-existing car section where they have car batteries and found this one that had perfect measurements to fit in the tray. I'll continue the search but already found one that will fit without breaking the bank at 99 bucks.

View attachment 1345130
Did this battery work for you?

So, has anyone documented what other size batteries work well in this tray?

I want to buy a Costco battery... you pretty much get a new one every 3 yrs. Cant beat that.

What Roosevelt said: and other options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom