Who do you guys use for windshield replacements? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking for an honest place that does quality work. Any recommendations ?

I am in Alexandria

Thanks!

John at Global Glass - 7901 Kincannon Pl, Lorton, VA, installed my cruiser windshield, using the proper adhesive.
After many years, it's dry as can be.

I handed him the factory install instructions from the service manual, and he said no problem, using the latest materials.

This was after a commercial company had slapped one on without the proper adhesive.
John removed and re-installed the "same" windshield without damage. He said it was risky but the windshield was fairly new, I took the chance.

Last edited:
I use a local guy in Winchester for my personal vehicles. I use Safelight for our company vehicles I have never had a problem with them. And they come to you.

I checked with the safelight online quote system and they said $650! I'll contact them directly to make sure that wasn't some crazy error.

John at Global Glass - 7901 Kincannon Pl, Lorton, VA, installed my cruiser windshield, using the proper adhesive.
After many years, it's dry as can be.

I handed him the factory install instructions from the service manual, and he said no problem, using the latest materials.

This was after a commercial company had slapped one on without the proper adhesive.
John removed and re-installed the "same" windshield without damage. He said it was risky but the windshield was fairly new, I took the chance.

I would love to support someone exactly like this. I think I will reach out to him Monday. Thank you!

looking for an honest place that does quality work. Any recommendations ?

I am in Alexandria

Thanks!

In the old days, back when I lived inside the Beltway, Royal Auto Glass was really good. Looks like they're gone now. It was right behind Monti's, which is also closed. :frown:

One of my 80's could use some new front glass.

I don't think the Lorton guy is an option for me out in Western Loudoun. Any suggestions for out here?

There's a glass shop right next to @OTRAMM 's shop. If I recall Ryan had positive things to say about them.

I would love to support someone exactly like this. I think I will reach out to him Monday. Thank you!

Let us know what they say. I need to change out my 80's windshield at some point too and Lorton is right down the road from me.

There's a glass shop right next to @OTRAMM 's shop. If I recall Ryan had positive things to say about them.

They did the windshield in my wife's 100. I don't know if the original side trim pieces were there when they started, but they're not there any more. I didn't notice or know to look for them until I noticed the whistling sounds at 70mph.

They also installed a cheap chinese windshield(may be all that's available other than OEM, I'm not sure) that cracked from a rock hit 2 weeks later. Overall, I wouldn't use them again.

They did the windshield in my wife's 100. I don't know if the original side trim pieces were there when they started, but they're not there any more. I didn't notice or know to look for them until I noticed the whistling sounds at 70mph.

They also installed a cheap chinese windshield(may be all that's available other than OEM, I'm not sure) that cracked from a rock hit 2 weeks later. Overall, I wouldn't use them again.

Good to know! How have you been man? I still have the ARB roof rack I bought from you circa 2007! haha

Let us know what they say. I need to change out my 80's windshield at some point too and Lorton is right down the road from me.

I called and left a voicemail yesterday. I haven't heard back so fa, but I'll try again in a few.

Just talked to John at Global Glass. Very knowledgable and professional. He said he uses PPG glass which is good stuff and he knew exactly what would be needed to replace my glass. He was in the middle between two quotes I have gotten so far, but my gut says he's the guy to do it.

Ha! That's awesome. I wish I'd never sold that rack haha.

Been good, working on getting my Cruiser fleet mobile again after a few years of neglect.

I still have my 60! Awesome, well good to hear from you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom