Which Ultraguage to get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
My rig was recently broken into and I had an Ultraguage in there, was my brothers I was borrowing to see how I liked it. So now I need to buy 2 of them, but I’m not sure which one I should get. There’s two models, one seems to do more than the other if you’re familiar with codes. But I’m not sure if it’s meaning I do my own programming? Any input would be appreciated. Also use it to get rid of that darn P0420 code

Link to the Ultraguages:

My rig was recently broken into and I had an Ultraguage in there, was my brothers I was borrowing to see how I liked it. So now I need to buy 2 of them, but I’m not sure which one I should get. There’s two models, one seems to do more than the other if you’re familiar with codes. But I’m not sure if it’s meaning I do my own programming? Any input would be appreciated. Also use it to get rid of that darn P0420 code

Link to the Ultraguages:
I have the EM+ in my vehicles. I don't need to create any other gauges or connections for what I do. I'm not turbo or transmission temp.

I have the EM+ in my vehicles. I don't need to create any other gauges or connections for what I do. I'm not turbo or transmission temp.
It was saying it can do it only if the car supports trans temp, can you do it on the 80? When my brother got his, there was only one option lol.

It was saying it can do it only if the car supports trans temp, can you do it on the 80? When my brother got his, there was only one option lol.
If you read the UG info on the more expensive one, it specifically addresses trans temp.

IDK anything more than that.

If you read the UG info on the more expensive one, it specifically addresses trans temp.

IDK anything more than that.
I had read some of it. Right now I think it’s only like a $20 difference. Was just seeing if someone had better input.

When I go to order one it asks for preprogrammed option, what do I do there? It has Land Cruiser there, but it’s the 200 series.

So I looked up the protocol for the 95 lx, and it seems like it’s J1850 VPM protocol, but on Ultraguage website, it says that GM uses that protocol. Can they share that or is something not right?

I have the EM+ on my FZJ80. Toyota didn't expose everything in the OBD2 protocol, so no data for trans temp, fuel level, etc. The protocol you named sounds right.

It is MORE than fine for what I use it for (monitoring coolant temp, corrected MPH, fuel economy, trouble codes). It is nice and small, and just works. I have mine on the steering column which I like better than over on the A-pillar.

I have the EM+ on my FZJ80. Toyota didn't expose everything in the OBD2 protocol, so no data for trans temp, fuel level, etc. The protocol you named sounds right.

It is MORE than fine for what I use it for (monitoring coolant temp, corrected MPH, fuel economy, trouble codes). It is nice and small, and just works. I have mine on the steering column which I like better than over on the A-pillar.
Okay cool, thank you. Sounds like it might just be easier to go with that one then. The one I used before was connected to a Toyota and it worked just fine. Do you have a picture of how yours is mounted? I had mine on the window down at the bottom of the A pillar.

Okay cool, thank you. Sounds like it might just be easier to go with that one then. The one I used before was connected to a Toyota and it worked just fine. Do you have a picture of how yours is mounted? I had mine on the window down at the bottom of the A pillar.
I thought I had a pic but apparently I don't. I'm using an @Outsane mount. It does obscure the 2nd start and Pwr lights, and parking brake to some extent, but that's fine by me. It keeps the display in my sight lines vs having to look down and left.

One thing I also like about the UG is custom alarms. I have one set for coolant temps, and another for low fuel. As I said earlier, Toyota didn't put the fuel level into the OBD protocol, so the UG simulates it by me calibrating fuel mileage and pushing a button on it every fillup. Its pretty close now. The UG has more capability than our trucks can leverage.

I thought I had a pic but apparently I don't. I'm using an @Outsane mount. It does obscure the 2nd start and Pwr lights, and parking brake to some extent, but that's fine by me. It keeps the display in my sight lines vs having to look down and left.

One thing I also like about the UG is custom alarms. I have one set for coolant temps, and another for low fuel. As I said earlier, Toyota didn't put the fuel level into the OBD protocol, so the UG simulates it by me calibrating fuel mileage and pushing a button on it every fillup. Its pretty close now. The UG has more capability than our trucks can leverage.
That's how my brothers was. It'd yell at me when coolant got too hot, fuel too low, and when to do oil changes. I'll have to check out that mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom