Which temperature sensor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to diagnose a few issues.

I have an ultragauge. Does anyone know which sensor it pulls its engine temperature from?

I thought it was the forward most sensor, but after replacing that sensor with a new OEM one, I have my doubts.

The engine temperature is actually about 186. It will display 186 or whatever the accurate temperature is for some period of time.

Then, out of nowhere, it reports temperatures like seen below. When it displays this low temperature, it will not start easily and seems like it's flooded.

So, I'm trying to chase down which sensor it is so that I can check the wires and possibly replace it.

So does anyone know which temperature sensor provides the engine temperature to the ultragauge?
IMG_6170.jpeg

I replaced the forward most sensor ECT gauge.

Trying to figure out which one send the engine temperature to the computer.
IMG_5953.jpeg

I replaced the forward most sensor ECT gauge.

Trying to figure out which one send the engine temperature to the computer.View attachment 3439133
I think the forward most sensor sends info to the instrument cluster but the one circled in red supplies the ECU so I would guess the red circle sensor would also supply data to the ultra gauge.

Hopefully someone else can back this up.

Goodluck

I think the forward most sensor sends info to the instrument cluster but the one circled in red supplies the ECU so I would guess the red circle sensor would also supply data to the ultra gauge.

Hopefully someone else can back this up.

Goodluck
That's what I'm hoping. Thank you 👍

WD230U, Page 177:
1695586135564.png

Last edited:
WD230U, Page 61:
1695586243561.png

Last edited:
It's the rearmost sensor that you want. The forward sensor is primarily connected to the A/C system, although it's connected through the ECM.

You can verify this by tracing the wire colors.

FWIW, this is from my annotated copy of the 1995 EWD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom