Which one of you guys has a the 10mm Glock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On one of our rides i remember a few of you guys had a G20, 10mm. One of my friends here in Georgia said he has a "bunch of 10mm ammo". I think he got it as part of an estate sale. I have no idea if he has 2 boxes or like two cases. If any of you guys are interested in it i can ask him for inventory and basic price. I could bring it out to Bozeman but not until mid May. I reload and dont shoot 10mm. So dont need it. Just PM me if any of of you guys are interested.

That would be me, always interested in ammo. pm me on brand price and quantity. How's everything in Georgia? Hope you guys had a great holiday season. You coming back to the park next summer? Cooling off and snowing again in the gallatin.

Things are great here. I just the phone call about coming back in 2017. So it looks like i should be back around in May. You guys inspired me with the Glocks. I picked up a G21SF and have been working up .45 Super loads. I have a guy making me a comp and testing some loads. Last he got was a 230gr hard cast moving over 1200fps. i think over 700 foot pounds!

I will email my friend and see what he has.

Have you seen the 460 rowland barrels for the 21?

They have a bear load that claims 1300 fps with a 255 hc. I wanted to go that route, but dont handload, which is what you need for reaching the true potential.

Have you seen the 460 rowland barrels for the 21?

They have a bear load that claims 1300 fps with a 255 hc. I wanted to go that route, but dont handload, which is what you need for reaching the true potential.

Kind of where i a heading with out really doing 460 Rowland. I a getting a custom comp made and having the barrel fire lapped and reamed a little. I should be able to load to 460 Rowland pressure in the 45 Super brass. No problem with it as long as you dont drop one in a standard 45 ACP pistol. That is really why the 460 brass is longer. To keep one fro being loaded in a 45 ACP.

But i will honestly not load the to max 460. Just dont need all that.

sorry guys, no progress on this from hearing back from my friend. He can be a bit of a "hoarder" of gun stuff (i can relate). He might want to hang on to it even though he will NEVER own a 10mm. But i will ask him again about it.

PS i am waiting to get my 45 barrel and comp back from the smith to try loading some 45 SUPER to near 460 Rowland. :rofl:

I am thinking the G21 and a Silancero Octane 45 will follow me out there this year. Maybe a SBR and a few other cans if i can get travel papered for the SBR. We should do a 406 Cruiser shoot some day.

This is what i really want to bring.

Or this....

or this...:rofl:

Last edited:
Yes nfa allways getting in the way of travel plans. Heres my not sbr (yet).
IMG_2529.JPG

Shooting is always fun, i agree on a shooting day..maybe an unoffical one.

Have you taken a dremel to your glock yet? Everyone knows that you dont own it untill you completely destroy the resale of your hot rod glock

Very nice. Is that 5.7x28? I have been told my Sparrow is rated for that round. I thought about building a upper like yours.

No i have not dremeled my G21. I don't think i want any chances weakening the frame with the loads i will be running. But i do have a G17 that i am considering taking a dremel to. Well, actually it is a G17 top on a spare G22 frame i have. So i dont really WANT to destroy it but no big loss if i bugger the frame.

Yes, its a 5.7. Six inch barrel with the six inch can makes it flush with the hand guard. The best part is it drops the brass straight down through the magwell. And you can use an old mag as a brass catcher. I belive a friend of mine has a sparrow that he uses on his. Works great. Sound like a 22lr rifle unsupressed. Recoil is like a 22lr.

The upper i got is awesome, i love it for the specific purpose it was built.

But it has some things that really suck at the same time. There is no using any sort of quick release on the optics as the rail was so out of spec, i had used a high dollar aimpoint mount, arms mount, anything that does not have a ton of adjustment wont tighten down solid. But it works great with the dd ones, which i was going to use anyways. And the way the mag sits there is no magnified optics, unless you have very very slow mag changes because its hard to remove with any sort of optics in the way of the mag. That being said, 5.7 is good out to like 150 yards, wasnt designed to really do farther so a good red dot is all you want anyways.

I also had a friend that bought this upper new that came with a bad extractor. Sent the bolt back to the company and they actually sent two new bolts and now it works great. Only out the return shipping.

Mag changes are alkward, and slowish. But you got 50 rounds to work with. And they cost 45$ for good ones.

If i didnt like the fact that the controls are basicly the same as an ar, i probaly would have just bought the p90.

Back to glock....

Theres a cut you do under the trigger guard that i did on my g40. You take literaly 1/100 of inch off and change the angle and its night and day better. Releaves presure on your middle finger. But i have fat fingers. Wouldnt hurt the strenghth of the frame. The barrel is the limiting factor. At least thats what the glock kaboom threads say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom