Which front grille fits a 96 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which front” Toyota” grille fit the 96 without trimming ?

95-96-97 Toyota. The Lexus grill is not a direct cross fit

I thought he was asking about the 91-94 grills that said TOYOTA on it instead of sombrero.

Not certain but believe 93/94 might fit his 96 fine. Maybe the earlier ones too but several folks have just grabbed a 60 emblem and made it fit.

Thanks for the reply’s
I have a 96 FZJ that has the sombrero and want to replace it with the older Toyota grille. Do I need to trim the older
Grille to fit my 96 with oem lights?

The early one fit my '95 fine with some minor dremelling/cutting on the new old grill. It's got a small gap at the bottom, but doesn't look too bad in my opinion. Here are some pictures from the cleanup and repainting to match my de-chromed front end.
IMG_4292.JPG

This is the small area you need to notch to make it fit.
IMG_3703.JPG

You kind of see the gap along the bottom and bottom corners in the pic below. With my bumper and winch it's not noticeable, but even without it it's not so bad. You would need the lower valence piece of the body to make it perfect.
IMG_4522.JPG

I like it a lot. Got it for super cheap at a junkyard, I think like $10-15, so it was the best inexpensive mod I've done on my 80!
IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

Thanks a lot for posting pics Jenn.
Is the lower valence piece I need to cover up the opening part of the older grille?

nothing says mall crawler like a perfectly wound winch cable :flipoff2:

Thanks a lot for posting pics Jenn.
Is the lower valence piece I need to cover up the opening part of the older grille?
I believe I was told it would cover this little corner gap.
IMG_4522.JPG

Ok so is that part on the 91-94 grilles?

Ok so is that part on the 91-94 grilles?

The lower valance differs making the gap. IIRC, the headlight to grill mounts differ, also the center support screw hole is in a different place.

The lower valance they're talking about is the painted metal body part that spans the width of the truck below the headlights and grill, from fender to fender. Apparently that part changed over the years, along with the grill.

Ok I got it thanks you guys

:DAnd girls too funny

The lower valance they're talking about is the painted metal body part that spans the width of the truck below the headlights and grill, from fender to fender. Apparently that part changed over the years, along with the grill.

is this the piece you're referring to? just wanna make sure as i also have an interest in the "toyota" front grille look over the sombrero.

1583566886948.png

is this the piece you're referring to? just wanna make sure as i also have an interest in the "toyota" front grille look over the sombrero.

View attachment 2231708
It’s not needed, I have the earlier Toyota grill without it. I have a arb front bumper, so the gap is not noticeable at all.
AE2AAF26-D476-4AE6-863B-761618BD1752.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom