On the cluster or below the ash tray?

• Cluster

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Below Ash tray

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

93yotasr5

Molon Labe

I'm going to be doing a full hose /coolant swap on my engine this weekend and I'll be adding a "T" fitting for the temp gauge. I'm thinking of putting it down below the ash tray or on the left side of the cluster.

IMG_4183.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

abuck99

SILVER Star
I like gauges to be placed where you can view heads up while driving- so the higher the better-

Try the lower left corner of the windshield towards the pillar

93yotasr5

Molon Labe

Seems like a whole lot of work when you could just get an "UltraGuage" and have access to so much more than just temp readings.
this is true, But I already had the gauge from another vehicle. I plan on getting an ultra gauge as well later on.

Regarding Ultraguage (and related torque pro), doesn't this require coding? as I don't think (key word is think) OBD2 pushes coolant temp data for our rigs by default (at least the torque pro app I have).

Regarding Ultraguage (and related torque pro), doesn't this require coding? as I don't think (key word is think) OBD2 pushes coolant temp data for our rigs by default (at least the torque pro app I have).
The ultra gauge requires no coding for coolant temp, or many other OBD2 available data readings. You may be thinking of the trans temp, which it will not read. The Scan gauge I believe CAN decipher the trans temp after proper coding.

Following up on this topic, where would you install a 2" round gauge?
I found a pillar clip on pod holder for a LC100, but not sure if it will fit a LX470.
I have asked the seller but after a week still no reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom