Where to buy 24V H4 bulb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me where I can get a pair of 24 volt H4 replacement bulbs for the headlights on my HZJ73?

I'm between Ottawa and Montreal.

Also, what price should I expect to pay?

Thanks!

Peter

Hi Peter, are your bulbs blown? You can just use the ones that are currently in the truck in the new bosch lenses.

Hey Louis,

The low beam is out on one of the bulbs.. Must have damaged it when changing the lenses, which I did this afternoon.

Ah i see, i did the same thing today - i didnt touch the bulb - i just think they dont like being moved after so many years.

I will call around tomorrow to see who has them.

regards

Yeah, I didn't touch the bulb either, but it did take a fair bit of force to get the connectors off...

Let me know what you find. I see some for sale on Ebay but the sellers are either in oz or thailand..

Thanks for all your help Louis! The truck is awsome btw!!

Peter

The ones I bought in Calgary are GE H4 24V 75/70 watt. They were about five dollars each at Greggs distributers. Should be also at NAPA.

coldtaco said:
Are they really 24V? My 70 has 12V headlights and the rest are 24V.

The 24V JDM's are 24V headlights. The Cdn spec 24V BJ42/70's are 12V headlights, like yours ColdTaco.

hth's

gb

try lordco or napa. I got mine from napa.

You should try local heavy equipment dealers, I found mine at one, alot of heavy equipment uses 24v systems plus i only paid $17.00 each

mjohn7 said:
The ones I bought in Calgary are GE H4 24V 75/70 watt. They were about five dollars each at Greggs distributers. Should be also at NAPA.

X2 Greggs seems to have the best price on these

Without an account they are like $14 each at Lordco out here. Note sure what I would pay using my account, I guess I could find out.

Canuck said:
Without an account they are like $14 each at Lordco out here. Note sure what I would pay using my account, I guess I could find out.

$9.94/ea plus taxes for the 24V 90/100W H4 that I like to use. There's a regular 24V 70/75W and a Heavy Duty 70/75W.

Stone said:
$9.94/ea plus taxes for the 24V 90/100W H4 that I like to use. There's a regular 24V 70/75W and a Heavy Duty 70/75W.

the 90/100W are excellent... :D

Gold Boy said:
the 90/100W are excellent... :D

You got that right, Simon. And if you aim them properly, nobody's the wiser. I've never had anyone flash me complaining anyway. :)

What I find with regular halogen lamps is that they do dim a little over time. 24V bulbs tend to last forever, and I've had my 90/100W on for a while now. They were super bright in the beginning, but they are just about right now.

Bumping this regarding the 90/100's. Just bought a pair for the 73 and don't want to irritate people - what do you guys do, just aim the lights down? Or is it really necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom