Where is the air suspension relay??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will be getting a 2" lift with rear coils next week.
Found the 50 amp compressor fuse under the hood and the 20 amp TEMS fuse under the dash.
Pulling both fuses will definitely disable the compressor, but not sure if pulling the TEMS fuse will make it throw a code. I'd like to pull the relay, Can find references in the threads on 'pulling the relay' but none give the location of the relay.

airsusp_zps314f1038.jpg

There is an AHC relay in the engine compartment fuse box. Pull it :)

Thanks Dan. Found it! I was looking in the big box that has most of the fuses and relays. The AHC relay is is a separate sealed box attached to the side of the main fuse panel.
Only 1 relay in the box.
air_suspensionrelay_zps9b512d52.jpg

Last edited:
New suspension is in. With just the relay pulled, the rear height control OFF light blinks constantly with the ignition on. Also, the N LED is lit. Pulled the 20A "TEMS" fuse under the dash. With the relay and the fuse pulled, none of the height control LED's light up. Perfect!

lll1_zps3d66403f.jpg

EDIT:
Blank cover just arrived in the mail.
Ride height? Comfort control? Not on THIS GX!

gone_zps7f5fb22d.jpg

Last edited:
great info. what suspension did you go with? Thanks.

QUOTE="470reasons, post: 9146298, member: 95787"]New suspension is in. With just the relay pulled, the rear height control OFF light blinks constantly with the ignition on. Also, the N LED is lit. Pulled the 20A "TEMS" fuse under the dash. With the relay and the fuse pulled, none of the height control LED's light up. Perfect!

lll1_zps3d66403f.jpg

EDIT:
Blank cover just arrived in the mail.
Ride height? Comfort control? Not on THIS GX!

gone_zps7f5fb22d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
New suspension is in.

I'm getting parts together to pull out my airbags and put in coils. I can't seem to find specific information on how to remove the airbags. How much of the system do I need to remove? Just air springs? Lines? Do I need to release the air pressure in there first? I'm striking out on finding a write-up online.

I'm getting parts together to pull out my airbags and put in coils. I can't seem to find specific information on how to remove the airbags. How much of the system do I need to remove? Just air springs? Lines? Do I need to release the air pressure in there first? I'm striking out on finding a write-up online.
Thanks to you and RCsGX for part number on the plastic blank .Are the tires and wheels you have are the same size as what RCsGX using? how is the ride are those tires quiet? ?I finally got the 3" suspension for my GX from toytech which actually I am very happy with but now the Brain damage coming to decide should I use the 17x7.5 factory wheels and just put bigger tires or change both wheels and tires all together ?

Thanks to you and RCsGX for part number on the plastic blank .Are the tires and wheels you have are the same size as what RCsGX using? how is the ride are those tires quiet?
I'm running 265/70/17s on FJ Cruiser wheels. The ride is a little bumpier over bad pavement with the Duratracs. This is probably mostly from changing to LT tires with an E rating from the Passenger tires that were on it before but also because they are so much heavier and a lot more unsprung weight for the suspension to deal with. I put some Bilstein 5100s up front and they control the heavy tires better. There is a slight hum but nothing noticeable and it's definitely more quiet at 75mph than my IS350 is.

Thanks to you and RCsGX for part number on the plastic blank .Are the tires and wheels you have are the same size as what RCsGX using? how is the ride are those tires quiet? ?I finally got the 3" suspension for my GX from toytech which actually I am very happy with but now the Brain damage coming to decide should I use the 17x7.5 factory wheels and just put bigger tires or change both wheels and tires all together ?
As far as airbags you look on top of airbag from inside the rear fender there is enough room between inside fender cover and frame take a screw driver run it between frame and fender cover ( you need a flash light ) there is fat C clip holding the top of the airbag and just push it out that is all holding that airbag on top the bottom of airbag is just sitting there .I guess there has to be tool to detach the air line from airbag which I did not have so I cut the plastic air line from the bags and did not remove anything else from bottom .it is 111F heat in Arizona and garage is about 120F that is why I didn't bother removing anything else I was going to rewire the airbag pump with a switch to use it to Air up my tires when it needs to be done but already had heat exhaustion .

As far as airbags you look on top of airbag from inside the rear fender there is enough room between inside fender cover and frame take a screw driver run it between frame and fender cover ( you need a flash light ) there is fat C clip holding the top of the airbag and just push it out that is all holding that airbag on top the bottom of airbag is just sitting there .I guess there has to be tool to detach the air line from airbag which I did not have so I cut the plastic air line from the bags and did not remove anything else from bottom .it is 111F heat in Arizona and garage is about 120F that is why I didn't bother removing anything else I was going to rewire the airbag pump with a switch to use it to Air up my tires when it needs to be done but already had heat exhaustion .
Sorry forgot yessss you must release the Air pressure I just cut the plastic air line from the pump and that released all the air.

Just had mine converted to coils and liffted 2" and have the same blinking dash light.

Thanks for the pic of the AHC relay. Could you post a pic of the 20 amp TEMS fuse too? Do you need to pull both?

Thanks Dan. Found it! I was looking in the big box that has most of the fuses and relays. The AHC relay is is a separate sealed box attached to the side of the main fuse panel.
Only 1 relay in the box.
air_suspensionrelay_zps9b512d52.jpg

You need to pull three fuses. the relay, tems (under dash), and the 10A air fuse in the center of the engine fuse block.

You need to pull three fuses. the relay, tems (under dash), and the 10A air fuse in the center of the engine fuse block.
Yup, did this yesterday. With the Tems fuse under dash, 50a relay for suspension control in engine fuse block and the 10a compressor in engine fuse block pull I had no lights. Thanks again to Dan for pointing these out for me. Took all of 2 min to find and pull them.

I have videos on FB for all the steps to lift a gx as well.

Old post but I thought I'd update.

I installed mine yesterday (psyched!) with old man emu. There are three fuses plus the relay. You can pull just the fuses and be OK. These are in the large fuse box under the hood. There is a 50amp fuse that powers the compressor. Then there is a 10amp air suspension 2. Then the 20 amp tems fuse under the dash. I eventually pulled the relay too mostly because its dead weight, but didn't have to.

If it helps... This is awesome related to possible modifications.

Basically I removed all traces, the bracket, air lines, compressor, and wiring probably like many people. It took me about 2-3 hours only to do the whole rear. I used the MetalTech delete kit (highly recommend) which I ordered through CruiserOutfitters.com (Kurt and the guys are 100% awesome can't recommend enough). The kit's attention to detail was awesome and perfect, even came with the oem Toyota holder in place of the height control buttons (save and use the bulbs for heater control etc where the bulbs burn out often).

I left the harnesses in place zip tied back to each other.

Anyway, what I realized is there is a massive 50 amp lead going to the back left of the vehicle via that relay and wiring. So this could be good for something higher draw. It would be super easy to rig this either via that relay etc to reactivate this so I was sure to keep the harness.

Second is I'm not sure what the pressures are but that pump is very well isolated and has a tank etc. it would be doable to use that pump for a air locker or even an onboard compressor with a larger tank etc etc

Pretty rad overall that this part of the system, I thought!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom