Where is it going to be built? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can't remember, thought I saw it in a thread but can't find it in the search.

Cruiserhead05 said:
I wish.
Last i heard was that it would be built where taco's and 4runners are built.
Mexico?
4runners have always been (and still are) built in the Tahara plant in Japan. Hopefully the FJ Cruiser is built at the same place :D :)

In all the press releases that I have seen, it is being built in Japan.

Tacomas are built in California. 4Runners are built in Japan.

I agree with firetruck41. Toyota announced it back in 4/05. FJ Cruiser will be built in Tahara , Japan.

Last edited:
My connections say it will be made by Hino motors which is a subsidiary of Toyota. It will be made at the Tachikawa plant located east of Tokyo. I was at that plant around 1995 and at that time they were making 4 runners, military vehicles, and I think some no exported cars (if memory serves me well).

Greaser said:
My connections say it will be made by Hino motors which is a subsidiary of Toyota. It will be made at the Tachikawa plant located east of Tokyo. I was at that plant around 1995 and at that time they were making 4 runners, military vehicles, and I think some no exported cars (if memory serves me well).
4runners have always been built at Tahara plant AFAIK.

firetruck41 said:
4runners have always been built at Tahara plant AFAIK.

Good catch. Yes you are correct, the 4 runners are made at the Tahara plant. After thinking about it more, the vehicle I saw being made at Tachikawa is the Japanese version of the 4 runner, called the (Hilux-?) Surf.

According to my source, the FJ Cruiser is being made by Hino at the Tachikawa plant. Have you heard otherwise?

I'm still going to ask around to confirm that.

Greaser said:
Good catch. Yes you are correct, the 4 runners are made at the Tahara plant. After thinking about it more, the vehicle I saw being made at Tachikawa is the Japanese version of the 4 runner, called the (Hilux-?) Surf.

According to my source, the FJ Cruiser is being made by Hino at the Tachikawa plant. Have you heard otherwise?

I'm still going to ask around to confirm that.
I can't recall a specific plant being mentioned, just that it was to be made in Japan, I thought it logical that it might be made at Tahara, since other US bound Prado based vehicles (4runner) come from there, but hopefully it will be officially announced soon.

FJ809496TLC said:
I agree with firetruck41. Toyota announced it back in 4/05. FJ Cruiser will be built in Tahara , Japan.
Toyota themselve announced it back in 4/05 that FJ will be built in Tahara,Japan.

Hopefully it wont be built in Taiwan. That probably would be a bad thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom