where does this go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have an early 2f(75-76?) dont really know.it was pulled from a 72 that someone had put it in and now its in my 73.but has no smog equip.
this hose comes off the intake manifold on the firewall side of the carb,seems to be a vacuum hose or something.and the engine runs way different with it blocked off.i have nowhere to hook this up to and it looks to have been cut.oh and when i run it for 10 minutes or so a little smoke comes out of it ???.
what the hell is it,and where does it go??
ill try putting up a pic.
shawn

Holy vacuum leak, Batman! Is that the brake booster vacuum hose? I wouldn't run the engine without that plugged or hooked to the brake booster. It's a good way to burn a valve.

That should go to your vacuum brake booster. I'm surprised it runs at all disconnected. Plug it, or hook it up to the brakes. Like Trevor says, besides running like crap it'll burn up a valve or two.

I believe the vacuum brake booster hose is on the bulge that would be sticking out perpendicular to that hose. You can barely make it out at the bottom of the pic. All I can think of is that that is probably some wierd 2f smog deal. That is all assuming they didn't move the brake booster hookup on intake manifold from the late f to 2f?

no its definately not the brake booster vacuum hose, i hooked that up already.i just have nowhere to hook this hose so im assuming that it goes to some smog deal.
do you think it would hurt anything if i plugged it?cause i think thats my only option.
engine seems to idle better with it plugged,well i idles at lower rpm,then when i unplug it it revs up a couple hundred rpms.
so i say plug it.
thanks for the advice guys.
shawn

Vacuum to transfer case 4wd switch mechanism?

IDave is right, that cut part of the hose is supposed to hook into the firewall. and runs to the vacuum t case.

Plug it DEFINATLY. Plug it tight and soon before you burn some valves. That tube unplugged will have same effect as a worn out brake booster-it will burn valves and cause engine to run funny, and you risk pulling dust and other foreign objects into the cylinders through that tube.

On my 76 with 2F that line goes to the brake booster. I'm going to guess that you have the brake booster line conected to the manifold below the base of the carb. that conection at the base of the carb goes to the PCV valve located on the passenger side rear of the engine. if you don't have the PCV hooked up that is probably you problem. hope this helps.

what the hell is it,and where does it go??
ill try putting up a pic.
shawn

Probably hose #6!! From http://www.sor.com/sor/cat072b.tam?xax=19975

072b-new.gif

072e-new.gif

its probably that tcase vacuum deal.i plugged it so hopefully i didnt cause any damage.
thanks guys.
shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom