where do i find build date - also OME question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am booking in my Australian FJ62 in for OME suspension and the supplier (ARB) needs to know the build date. I'm not at home at the moment to go through the car or its paperwork, so I need to relay to my partner exactly where she can find the date. If anyone knows this, please let me know.

Also, regarding spring choice, i was thinking of going the lighter of the two springs choices at the front as we only have an alloy bar without a winch at present (and i'm not allowed to spend money on new bar and winch so it doesn't really warrant putting the stiffer suspension on now in preparation as it could be a loooooong time before we make use of the heavier suspension). ARB have offered a damper for the front supposedly capable of coping with both spring rates (lighter and heavier). What are people's thoughts on this..?

I don't want to make the truck over damped with the lighter springs. I'm thinking maybe just get the right damper for the light springs now and change both when the time comes for the new bar and winch.

Thanks for the help!

~PHIL :)

get the heavier springs, that way if it's still too stiff after break-in, you can take a leaf out until you get winch, etc... less than buying the OME add-a-leaf. I'd get the medium/firm dampener/shock as well. really not as stiff as it sounds.

I am not sure that the Oz stuff has the US door tags. But under the bonnet they do have a plate riveted to the firewall listing all the data.

I have an Australian model outside if you need me to pop the hood and find the plate.

I am not sure that the Oz stuff has the US door tags. But under the bonnet they do have a plate riveted to the firewall listing all the data.

I have an Australian model outside if you need me to pop the hood and find the plate.

That would be top mate if you could! :) That way i can just ask my lady exactly where to look and she won't get p'd off on the end of the phone!

Thanks to all other replies too - have noted that consensus on these forums is to go heavier first... I'm assuming that the OME (US) springs are the same as OME (Aus)..?

Cheers ~PHIL

Lady was able to find plaque (on firewall) and build date straightaway so cheers for answer.

Just waiting back from ARB for the suspension quote! :)

~PHIL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom