When you want coils and custom shocks, but keep the old 9.5" diff in the 60 axle (1 Viewer)

Interested. Assume this works on a 62 as well? Any idea what the lift would be over stocks leafs?

NookShneer

GOLD Star

I spoke with one of the shop guys and they gave me the impression that a 2.5 inch lift was the lowest they could really do. Going much higher shouldn’t be as difficult.

60Works

60 Series Iron Works

Great concept and development, Tor. Was thinking about this dilemma of loosing big brakes and diff to get coils. Best of both worlds!

Ok, stupid question, but what are the advantages to doing this? Is this a drivability issue that will tighten up the front end and eliminate floating? Or is this an off road thing?

Why you gotta do this so soon after I ordered the OME kit for my 62? And to think I finally installed it just two weeks ago....
Same.. i just take it as somthing to look forward to in the future. People will figure the best set up and work out any issues by then and we can take advantage that way..

Kentucky Kyle

SILVER Star
Totally interested!!!!

Ok, stupid question, but what are the advantages to doing this? Is this a drivability issue that will tighten up the front end and eliminate floating? Or is this an off road thing?
I also have this same question as my rig is a daily driver. A tightened up front end would be a dream!

Any progress on this ? I’m interested to see how you overcome the dilemma of fitting a panhard and 2 steering arms on the front of the diff housing with it all not fouling during cycling of steering and suspension?

If you need a 62 to use to make a kit for you can borrow mine if there's chance I get to keep it.Haha but also would the higher pinion angle of the 62 affect the kit differently then the pinon angle of a 60?

torfab

Supporting Vendor

Our customer has reported lots of smiles and gins driving his truck around California with our suspension on it. He took it off road and called just to rave about it, I'd call that a win ;)

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
SILVER Star

What is tire clearance under articulation like with this? Low back-space wheels required? My 35’s with 4.5” BS and spacers rub my shocks as it is, before there’s a coil spring shoved into the mix.

FWIW this seems like a way better option to me then the 80 axle, keep the axle you already have, better third member, cheaper/more common steering choices, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom