Wheel Cylinders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
wakeup.to
Is there a rebuild kit for the wheel cylinders? Mine just expanded all the way(drum was off), and just gushed out fluid... :-\

Dunno about ancient Nissan Patrols, but there are rebuild kits for just about every TLC wheel cylinder out there, even the fj25.

Go to your local Napa dealer and order them. Cost me like 5 dollars each. I had to order mine and it took a couple days but it was worth it. I think new they are like 50 each or somthing. That and a 23.00 dollar honeing set and i was good to go.

Stew

[quote author=Jonx4x4 link=board=1;threadid=6189;start=msg49756#msg49756 date=1065838014]
Is there a rebuild kit for the wheel cylinders? Mine just expanded all the way(drum was off), and just gushed out fluid... :-\
[/quote]

Is this for a Patrol, or for a Land Cruiser?

Cruiserman & Poser- I have 1970 FJ-40 rear end in it... the rear axles were things that often failed on old 60 series Patrols... Thanks

Cruzer- Thanks... will see about some tomarrow...

Cruzer- Do you or anybody else have a part number? That would help quite a bit since they want to charge me $17 apiece...

ouch, you told them it was for a 70 landcruiser didnt you?
havent bought the kits in a while but for my 71 were between 5 and 8 apiece i think
also make sure when you get them that you get two different part numbers, one of the cylinders has a thicker wall than the other.

Yep... I told them 70... would a kit for a 71 work? The only difference I know of is the brake fittings... they went from the 9mm fitting to the 10mm fitting, or so Ive been told...

Stupid drawbacks... seems like ever time I get something done headed towards roadworthiness, something else comes up! :doh:

Alright, the wheel cylinders are torn down, and the rebuild kits are sitting right next to me...

Does anybody have an exploded diagram for the wheel cylinders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom