Whattya think is the issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I was on e beer run on my way to a friends house. Getting close to the liquor store my brake ❗️ and battery lights lit up. I thought my lights seemed dim. Truck won’t start after the store, so I got a jump. She fired right up. I Just barely, and I mean barely, made it over the bridge. Truck ended up just going dark and dying. The battery is old. I got it towed to the shop but I’m just curious. Bad batt and alternator??

The first Toyota we owned was an 86 4runner and we had that happen. I also thought it was weird that the brake light cam on. I do remember that it's the way the warning lights are wired and was normal in our case anyway.

So like gnob and thabruiser said..........alternator.

Alternator. Battery probably toast as collateral damage.

Alt + batt lights = charging issue. Usually alternator. Could be cables.

Thank you guys! Good info, first time dealing with something like this.
Check the FAQs. I think there it's a thread on replacing alternator brushes.

The lights are wired directly into the alternator. If the alternator is spinning and the lights are on, the alternator isnt charging.

Next issue: tail lights

With my headlights off, my brake lights and blinkers work normally. When I turn on my lights, the driver side is illuminated as if braking and the passenger side is totally dead…. I don’t want to give the popo a reason to pull me over (; thanks for any ideas/help.
Ray

Next issue: tail lights

With my headlights off, my brake lights and blinkers work normally. When I turn on my lights, the driver side is illuminated as if braking and the passenger side is totally dead…. I don’t want to give the popo a reason to pull me over (; thanks for any ideas/help.
Ray
Start simple. Get new bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom