What's up with tire prices? Going up and up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My front tires are wearing uneven (inside thread is almost bald now) and I need to replace all my tires and get a wheel alignment. I do have TotalChaos UCAs and new OEM LCAs in the front, so I'm not sure if it's hard to align properly.

Anyways, I've been checking tire prices and they are through the roof compared to earlier this year. Where can you find reasonable priced tires? LOL. Here are the prices I'm seeing today 12/29/2018:
Tires.jpg

Oh, anyone know where there are good reviews of multiple off-road tires? Links?

IDK, The prices do not look out of line. I did KO2's 285 70 17 last Summer and, probably paid more than your price quote.

You can try discount tire direct. Usually some rebates available and if your watching eBay, there’s been a 15% coupon the pops up about once a month.

Those are just the tire prices. They don’t include all the installation fees nor taxes.

I had saved the tire prices from earlier this year like March 2018 and they were 20% lower.

I’ll keep an eye on eBay discounts. I’ll also check Costco but they won’t install oversized tires.

My front tires are wearing uneven (inside thread is almost bald now) and I need to replace all my tires and get a wheel alignment. I do have TotalChaos UCAs and new OEM LCAs in the front, so I'm not sure if it's hard to align properly.

Anyways, I've been checking tire prices and they are through the roof compared to earlier this year. Where can you find reasonable priced tires? LOL. Here are the prices I'm seeing today 12/29/2018:
View attachment 1865318

Oh, anyone know where there are good reviews of multiple off-road tires? Links?

#trumptradewar

Tirebuyer.com or amazon

I’ve been looking at 285s and 275s for about a year now and those prices seem right to me. I waited until Black Friday and bought from Discount Tire Dirext. I got $40 off per tire (S/T Maxx), plus 10% back in a prepaid gift card. Had them mounted at my local shop for $90 (covered mostly by prepaid card).

Discount Tire Direct runs sales throughout the year on their website and eBay store, so keep and eye out there. Seems like the eBay store has slightly better deals for some reason.

I got my duratracs on black friday from discount tire. Got $157 back from discounts 10% rebate and $125 from goodyear. Made 5 tires the price of 4. I was happy. Honestly I don't really care how much tires or brakes cost. 2 most important things keeping me and my family alive which is more important than saving a buck. :clap:

Thanks for the links. I’m checking them out this morning.

TireBuyer.com has a couple of good discounts on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT285/70R17 E10s. $828 with tax and shipping to a tire shop. Plus the install and TPS.

I’ll check out Discount Tire Direct, but paying around $900 out the door and installed for 4 tires was my goal.

I pulled the trigger. Ordered 4 Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT285/70R17 E/10 for $828 including tax and delivery to a tire shop — American Tire Depot. Installation is supposed to be an extra $52 for all 4 tires

I’m assuming that the 2003 GX470 doesn’t have TPMS, correct?

Ordered from TireBuyer.com, thanks @Vlad/Dan for the link and the endorsement of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The site had a couple of discounts that brought down the price $163 off the total.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger. Ordered 4 Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT285/70R17 E/10 for $828 including tax and delivery to a tire shop — American Tire Depot. Installation is supposed to be $52 for all 4 tires

I’m assuming that the 2003 GX470 doesn’t have TPMS, correct?

Ordered from TireBuyer.com, thanks @Vlad/Dan for the link and the endorsement of the ridge grapplers. The site had a couple of discounts that brought down the price $163.

Good Job! I checked my receipt, I paid $1400.00 for 5 KO2's installed, balance and, warranty from ATD. About $250.00 per tire plus labor, Warranty and fees.

Tirebuyer rocks. Glad it worked. Shipped, installed, balanced, done all in one stop is usually a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom