What's the value of my 1997 Lexus LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all! I'm new here, but trying to figure the as-is value of my Lexus LX450 (not triple locked). Any and all input is appreciated but I'd especially love to hear from you more seasoned MUD folks who have been around this community for a bit and have a good grasp on the market. Just ran out during my lunch break to take a few quick pictures (sorry, they're not great angles, bad lighting). But here's the quick, run down of where I'm at with it...

1997 Lexus LX450
252,143 miles
Third owner, bought it from a friend in August 2022 who did regular oil changes himself.
Maintenance and Mechanical Work I've had done:
- Full Synthetic Oil Changes
- New Battery
- New Spark Plugs, New Thermostat, and Distributor
- New Denso Alternator & Belt
- New Denso Radiator
- New Front Brake Pads & Rotors
- New Rear Brake Light Socket Assemblies
- Brand New BFG All Terrain K02 Tires 275/70/16

Flaws:
- Possible head gasket problem. Losing coolant. Pressure test detected no leaks.
- Needs a new after-market radio installed. The one it had was wired wrong, and drawing on the battery (hence the new battery and alternator.)
- Leather is Sub Par Condition (Front Seats, Steering Wheel, Middle Console need to be recovered/replaced, back seats are passable, but not great)
- Automatic windows work but slow down, sometimes to a stop, occasionally, and you have to wait til they wake up.
- Needs new, OEM style hood support struts.
- Exterior Body (a little paint damage on front hood, I don't mind it though)

How much do you think it is it worth? Would love to know your thoughts!

tempImageyMwWgZ.png
tempImageF36c3d.png

Last edited:
you are getting smart a$$ answers because it's extremely difficult to value a LC over the internet. Plus, the land cruiser market is isolated from the "regular " used car market because people largely buy them with discretionary income, and they are not (or should not be) financed.

Things that will help your value:
Stock or near stock condition
Low miles (less than 200k)
a pile of maintenance records

things that will hurt your value:
ANY amount of rust
trashed interior
obvious neglect

and this one is just me.. really low miles. (this means its either been sitting for years which is very bad, or it's been rolled back)

just looking at it I'd say anywhere between 5k to 12k.

you are getting smart a$$ answers because it's extremely difficult to value a LC over the internet. Plus, the land cruiser market is isolated from the "regular " used car market because people largely buy them with discretionary income, and they are not (or should not be) financed.

ANY amount of rust
trashed interior
obvious neglect

and this one is just me.. really low miles. (this means its either been sitting for years which is very bad, or it's been rolled back)

ANY amount of rust
trashed interior
obvious neglect

I think you mis-read the mileage. It's actually 252k miles... I think smart answers were also due to me putting it on the wrong thread. I just reposted in Classifieds.

The crowd here is very freindly, you're just in the tech forum asking sales questions.
Tell us you're keeping it and you need help diagnosing a problem, we're the freindliest most helpfull group you'll ever meet.

IMHO, @davidp14 answered your question to the best of anybody's ability.

Last edited:

ANY amount of rust
trashed interior
obvious neglect

This is about the best valuation guidance you're going to get especially without seeing a gallery of frame pics since under hood, there's a megaton of work to do imho.

Your maintenance list is just the tip of the iceberg and someone who cares about using OEM parts will rip out the aftermarket junk anyways. BaT types won't touch your 80 with a 10 ft pole and same goes for factory locker aficionados. The backyard fixer-upper hobbyists may hit anything that moves so will squeeze you for pennies on the dollar.

Your type of "what's my 80 worth" threads get posted often in this tech forum so don't take it personally. Read the room.

Best bet is perhaps take a look at the classifieds and get a gauge on things. As the saying goes, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Gl dude!

7-10k is my guess.
The crowd here is very freindly, you're just in the tech forum asking sales questions.
Tell us you're keeping it and you need help diagnosing a problem, we're the freindliest most helpfull group you'll ever meet.

IMHO, @davidp14 answered your question the best of anybodies ability.
Tried to delete this, and posted it in Classified. Then I got called out for posted a second post in Classifieds after posting here. And admin deleted my post in the classified. Nevertheless thanks for you replies. will come back with tech questions.

Whatever a willing buyer and seller agree upon, after you post it in the classifieds, not a tech forum.
Tried to delete this but looks like I can't. Plus, just realized I accidentally posted it twice in classified thread which is why they took it down. So thanks for putting up with me. Not my best day on the internet.

Tried to delete this but looks like I can't. Plus, just realized I accidentally posted it twice in classified thread which is why they took it down. So thanks for putting up with me. Not my best day on the internet.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you keep your LX and get an opportunity to hang out here. There are a ton of knowledgeable, passionate and generous 80 series fans here.

I was being a bit flippant about where it was posted. I guess it is just a pet peeve of mine when people's first post is a for sale ad, when there is a classified forum here on 'mud. But I'm not the mud police or a moderator, just another cranky old dude on the internet.

I was serious about what it is worth. You could find someone who absolutely loves '97 LXes that will pay you $20k or another that thinks it is only worth $2k in spare parts. If you want to sell it, pick a price that will make you happy when you walk away from the deal, and price it accordingly.

I wouldn't be happy to take less than $30k for my clapped out '94. But nobody in their right mind would pay anything near that. :)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with your LX.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you keep your LX and get an opportunity to hang out here. There are a ton of knowledgeable, passionate and generous 80 series fans here.

I was being a bit flippant about where it was posted. I guess it is just a pet peeve of mine when people's first post is a for sale ad, when there is a classified forum here on 'mud. But I'm not the mud police or a moderator, just another cranky old dude on the internet.

I was serious about what it is worth. You could find someone who absolutely loves '97 LXes that will pay you $20k or another that thinks it is only worth $2k in spare parts. If you want to sell it, pick a price that will make you happy when you walk away from the deal, and price it accordingly.

I wouldn't be happy to take less than $30k for my clapped out '94. But nobody in their right mind would pay anything near that. :)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with your LX.

Bye Felicia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom