whats the best source for quality tail light lenses? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chris777

TLCA member #12444
Threads
Website
mannphoto.com
I know that the aftermarket tail light lenses from CCOT fog up and oxidize way too soon and will never buy those again.

the last aftermarket ones I bought were quality aftermarket ones made in Japan and sold by http://liquidoffroad.com north east of Dallas, an internet store specializing in Land Cruiser parts that has since gone out of business.

sooooo...... where is the next best place to get quality tailights without having to spend the bucks on OEM?

Last edited:
for quality..........bite the bullet...........OEM is the only way to go...

they will be good for years to come.......or till you back into that tree you never saw........;p;p;p

How much are the tail light lenses after the discount?

The MUD discount has them priced at $46.52 each.

I'm not sure about the TLCA discount.

I'm pretty sure I saw some OEM ones on clearence through Spector Off Road last week.
(sor.com)

SOR's aren't OEM but are "made in Japan": http://www.sor.com/sor/cat801.tam?xax=16166&loop=y&case=FJ6062&uu=1568015

801-060-003 PAIR - 60 Series TAIL LENS - 8/80-1/90 FJ60/FJ62 TAIL LENS - Made in Japan - Sold as a pair - Right & Left Tail lens -NO RETURN on Clearance Items..All Sales Final $55.13

Anyone running these? They'd be a nice match with my SOR taillight damage multipliers.

I just got a driver side rear lens at the Dealer

I just paid $46.75 at my local Toyota dealer - $50 after the inflated SF sales tax.

After reading here on MUD about the crappy after market ones there was no way I wasn't going OEM.

The first price quote was $70-75 - I asked for a TLCA discount and in the same sentence also asked for a "better rate" - I think guy recognized me because I have gone there for years. He said don't worry that he would take care of me. I went back the next day to pick it up and was very surprised at the lower price.
It looks like I did okay judging by the prices quoted in this thread.

The deal is that I always ask for a better rate at the parts desk. You never know.
I have also had the same luck at the Saab dealer but they dude said I had to ask for him when I went in to make sure I got the lower price.
Some parts people are alright if you just try to be cool about asking for a discount. Once they realize you are an honest working joe like them they lighten up sometimes.

On the other hand, the "better deal" may be a "hook up" which is the politically-correct euphimism for employee theft.

um,, what..

Tinker,
I'm not sure where you are going with that comment. (Tinker wrote: "On the other hand, the "better deal" may be a "hook up" which is the politically-correct euphimism for employee theft.")
Are you implying that when the parts guy says I have to see him to get the better price that he was pocketing the money?
Not true in my case - He prepared the paperwork and sent me to the cashier where I paid with a credit card and she gave me an official receipt.

I work in an industry where the person who doesn't ask for a discount actually pays "list price". I always ask for a discount because I hate paying "list price".

In my experience all parts departments at dealers have room to adjust the prices. The local mechanic would not pay the dealer the $75 for the part but he sure would charge his own customer that price.

Why do you think cruiserdan gives mud people such great deals? Is he stealing from his company? I don't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom