What's it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

airon23

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a possible chance at a FJ45 project in pieces and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Even though it's a project he's asking 9k for it, I think for the rarity, I understand there's a lot of work involved, but for the price is it worth it? I don't have a ton of pictures off hand, but you can sort of get the idea from these. I believe it comes with a motor possibly F engine, and I'm not sure about a bed for it.
1652292911232.png

1652292925047.png

1652292938334.png

1652292959177.png

1652292970857.png

how bad do you want one lol. id give about 500 bucks for a project like that. maybe 1k if it has a bed and motor. but i cruiser fans vary drastically in how much they will throw at a project.

I’m not sure on value, but sitting on the frame, that looks like a small block Chevy bellhousing, muncie transmission and Toyota T case. That has some value if it’s part of it. But if it comes with an F engine, only the t case helps.

If everything was present, like EVERYTHING, he may be in the ballpark. If you need to source a bed and drivetrain and all the little bits, no way jose! With something like this, you're buying his problems from him. It has to be SMOKING good deal to buy these kinds of problems im my book.

the cab was a fixed top converted to a removable top, which could be a big headache
it would be a short bed truck
if the trans and adaptor stuff has been out in the weather, consider them junk
is there an engine?
is there a bed?
is there a roof panel?
is there a title?

X2 to what @EWheeler stated above, my guess is alot of parts are missing, I wouldn't buy it at that price, but I'm not in the market anymore for one.

Last edited:
@airon23 One man's treasure is another man's trash in this case. Unless there is a shipping container full of parts that goes along with what you've shown, nothing about this is a good deal IMO. I've not done this myself, but just based on buying little bits here and there to finish off a build, piecing a truck like this back together using the used parts market will nickle and dime you to death. There is so much value in a "complete" truck both in dollars and in time versus a cheap incomplete project that "just needs put back together". The fact that it will also need paint and body work is even more of a negative in my book.

I'd spend the $15k on this truck, before I'd even spend $5k on the truck you presented to us. That being said, I would never spend $15k for the blue truck....

Thank you guys for talking some sense into me. I was thinking it was a little high already, but you've brought me back down to reality. I know it will take a ton of work to get it to a running good condition, but with the prices what they are today I was wondering just how far off that price was. Thank you. Plus not like I "Need" another cruiser, but they're always fun to dream.

Thank you guys for talking some sense into me. I was thinking it was a little high already, but you've brought me back down to reality. I know it will take a ton of work to get it to a running good condition, but with the prices what they are today I was wondering just how far off that price was. Thank you. Plus not like I "Need" another cruiser, but they're always fun to dream.
Trust us, we all support the addiction of multiple cruisers, but we want your efforts to be productive!

Yeah, hard NOPE. Frankencruiser.

It would be a cool project to put a flat tray on instead of a rear bed. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom