Whats in your Garage? Let's see some pics. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet thread! Some beauts for sure. Here is my R1 endurance build and the daily commuter RSV4...

DSC00316 (Medium).JPG

DSC00396 (Medium).JPG

So here's the motorcycle place...never been to the "Other" forum in the ten years or so I've used the board. Already posted some of this in chat, but figure it deserves to be here.

New to me 1983 Honda XL600r. Only plans are a full inspection/tune-up, replace the leaky crank case seal, a Cee Baily windscreen, color appropriate rear fender, paint engine/exhaust, exhaust wrap, and an off-road LED fog light below the main headlight to see better at night. Actually removed two 8" Hella spot lights from Y2K and replaced them with a pair of theses on my FJ40. Much more powerful and crisper lighting. Figure one is enough for the bike.
61SxIZ8GlsL._SX522_.jpg

Now that I'm getting more comfortable with the compression release and kicking it over once I find TDC, it's a damn good bike. Plenty of power (faster than I'd ever want to go but enough to power through a bad situation), rides great on the road (looking forward to the windscreen), and will make a good transport for the two ferries I have to take in the summer to get to the nearest grocery store and bank.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Also bought this for my son for Xmas. 2004 Suzuki RM 65. Just getting him started riding. Only mods are a more quiet exhaust with a spark arrester. It's tuned for racing and very loud. The few neighbors I have in the summer won't like how loud it is. Don't want them to hear him on the property when they are 1/4-1/2 mikes away.

That is a damn fine bike. Once my kid graduates high school and goes to college (5.5 years from now), a BMW dual sport is on my, congratulations my kid is an adult and I need a reward for being a full time single dad, list.

Thanks @slickrock. I've had it since '95, love it. Can't recommend it enough.

Happy trails,

James

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Not much left on my Rhino that hasn't been upgraded or modified.

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

Ive had the Triumph R3 for 7 years now, I never get sick of riding it. It never runs out of power.

012.JPG

012.jpg

Reactions: Gus
IMG_1440_zpsl74h79re.jpg

IMG_2026_zpscdqcd9jz.jpg

IPHONE5-18-11015.jpg

I've got my 1991 KDX200 hiding in the back of the shop.

S2rOP2.jpg

just picked up a low mileage Vespa (most of the time I'm in NYC)

20140616_191357_resized.jpg

20190128_125232.jpg

Nice Beta!

It's been in the garage for months, but just got it back on the road.

And then it starts raining again.

Honda TLR200 Reflex added to the mix. Plan on using it to ease my 13 year old into riding. Low gears, not a ton of power...kind of like an old Cruiser, LOL.

View attachment 1943513

Man, love that old Honda..that thing is in REALLY nice shape!

He better not drop it 😉

He better not drop it 😉

Like everything with two-wheelers, it is not if you dump it, but when. Have all of the DOT gear on it to get it registered, then will pull it off for training. The tank has dents on both sides already, so no big worries there. Plus once he moves on to something more powerfull I am thinking on turning it into a Rothmans replica. Actually quite a bit of aftermarket bits from the UK which turn it into a great retro twin-shock trials bike.

436029_orig.jpg

dscf5636_orig.jpg

6443743_orig.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom