What're people using to reattach the inner splash shields on when doing front suspensions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
If you've done a front suspension job and had to remove any of the plastic splash shields, you have dealt with the brittle white plastic clips that hold them to the metal fender liner. The holes are approx. 10mm. The last vehicle I happened to have some spare Toyota plastic push clips that I used, but they were just leftovers from something else, and I don't have any more. What did you use to reattach yours? I want to pick some up to wrap up my install.

I'm not sure what plastic parts I ended up putting back on after replacing the front bumper and doing suspension.

Do you have any pics Charlie?

90467-12069 - If you can remove one without breaking it, it's a miracle. I keep a bunch around just for that reason

If you can find the correct inner diameter sleeve to fit over the part that protrudes into the engine bay you can sometimes depress the tangs without breaking them. But yes they are brittle but cheap so I just keep some sitting in the small parts inventory along side the oil drain plug gaskets.

I'm not sure what plastic parts I ended up putting back on after replacing the front bumper and doing suspension.

Do you have any pics Charlie?
Thanks all.

An example of the fastener as installed:

10964BEF-EA84-418D-83E0-1B7C402AE96D.jpeg

The hole it mounts into (~10mm):
F07EEE65-EA75-44B3-882F-2D6E7939D297.jpeg

This part will get trimmed before it goes back on to make clearance for the reservoir hose.
9507DD86-A6F5-4137-92CA-1B235D9A74F4.jpeg

Thanks all. I'll order some.

Just ordered five from the local dealer. List price $2.90/ea, their price: $3.09/ea. $0.19 extra each is no big deal, shipping would cost me more than that, but I just wish they'd price things like Boch ($2.26), McGregor ($2.17), etc. Why can't they give me some incentive to buy from them...?

Wondering if you could pop in a threaded insert, ie: nutsert? I have some that are stainless. Then it becomes a bolt with a...

(wait for it...)

fender washer.

(see what I did there...)

That is the correct part number.
You can always count on @bloc.

@CharlieS they are some really good clips, probably my second favorite of all Toyota plastic clips. I reach up behind the splash guard and can squeeze the tabs, and they come out just so easy and gentle. Still, I keep a big bag of them around the shop because if I ever see a 200 come through here that had suspension already done, it usually is missing some clips (or the whole slash shield). So I just add what is needed to make it right, too easy.

On thing I have always done, even with plastic, PB blaster super helps when taking anything plastic out, and not shattering it. Especially taking the grill out of the surround on a 200, all those plastic tabs can get brittle fro heat cycling, but lube it up with some PB, and it all slides apart a lot easier. Plus, PB doesn't ruin painted surfaces (though I still keep it away form painting things, because why not.)

Just ordered five from the local dealer. List price $2.90/ea, their price: $3.09/ea. $0.19 extra each is no big deal, shipping would cost me more than that, but I just wish they'd price things like Boch ($2.26), McGregor ($2.17), etc. Why can't they give me some incentive to buy from them...?
A little under $2 for my go to site, but yeah shipping would kill the savings. That’s why I keep these, the lower black clips for the same skirts, the clips for the radiator front panel... all a few of them sitting on a shelf in case I break some. Don’t have to wait. And I can order at my leisure from somewhere with good pricing along with other stuff I need. This gives me a thread idea..

BA59FC64-5FE5-4F03-A23A-44583C65F244.jpeg

What are the part numbers for the actual splash shields?

What are the part numbers for the actual splash shields?
It's these, I think. This is from epc-data.com. I'm actually missing one on my driver's side, but I can't tell from the online images which one I need. If anyone has a few pics of their driver's side inner fender please post so I can work out if I need 53783 or 53785B as I'm too cheap to buy both :p

1629917679028.png

It's these, I think. This is from epc-data.com. I'm actually missing one on my driver's side, but I can't tell from the online images which one I need. If anyone has a few pics of their driver's side inner fender please post so I can work out if I need 53783 or 53785B as I'm too cheap to buy both :p

View attachment 2768981
I’m pretty sure those are the same. 90467-12069 is what you’re looking for.

The following numbers are for a 13 cruiser, but most years should be similar.

Driver side in front of the spring perch: 53782-60040
Driver side behind: 53784-60080

Passenger side front: 53781-60020
Passenger side rear: 53783-60090

Note that the front left part is shaped different between LC and LX to make room for KDSS parts. The number for a LX there is 53782-60020

For the record most toyota numbers will be ten digits, possibly 12 or 13 for things like interior trim parts with multiple color options.

Last edited:
According to my Amazon history I bought a bunch of cheap knock-offs to have around if one breaks. Haven’t broken many so far though

Autobahn88 Luggage Compartment Trim Cover Clip, fits for Toyota Lexus Crown Majest (OEM: 90467-12069) (Pack of 20) Amazon product ASIN B084BWW15R

I tried to pinch the white clips from the inside with long needlenose pliers and was able to reuse most. But I did order a few extras and replaced one I broke. I've seen alot of gust just ziptie too...

but I like the factory look.

The following numbers are for a 13 cruiser, but most years should be similar.

Driver side in front of the spring perch: 53782-60040
Driver side behind: 53784-60080

Passenger side front: 53781-60020
Passenger side rear: 53783-60090

Note that the front left part is shaped different between LC and LX to make room for KDSS parts. The number for a LX there is 53782-60020

For the record most toyota numbers will be ten digits, possibly 12 or 13 for things like interior trim parts with multiple color options.
Thanks @bloc. Looks like 53784-60080 is what I need for my '13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom