What would you pay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
???

I have found a FJ45 wagon in my area for sale. It seems to be in excellent original condition. Original paint and no rust or dings to speak of. The only body damage I see is one taillight busted.

There is no price so I would need to make him an offer.

What you all think this is worth? I don't see alot of these for sale so I don't have a good reference frame.

Thanks

[quote author=DunBroke link=board=1;threadid=6580;start=msg53384#msg53384 date=1066768978]
My thoughts on this are that you should just tell me where this thing is and forget about it for yourself.... :-X

-Me
[/quote]

What do you pay as a finders fee :p

WHERE DO YOU LIVE!?
Holy s***e I want one of those.
If i ended up buying it, I would seriously pay you a finders fee. Never seen one anywhere near me, much less for sale. Any pics?

Damn.........its in WA someplace!

John H

Yeah I saw his profile, just hopin against hope that he happened to see it while passing through the southeast, lol. :-\
NO PIMP YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS ONE!!!!!!
YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE!!!! :doh: :ban:
:flipoff2: :D

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=6580;start=msg53533#msg53533 date=1066790361]
Yeah I saw his profile, just hopin against hope that he happened to see it while passing through the southeast, lol. :-\
NO PIMP YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS ONE!!!!!!
YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE!!!! :doh: :ban:
:flipoff2: :D

[/quote]

LOL.....I knew that was coming :D and you sir just got a 45 long bed......so no waggy for you :flipoff

heck its prolly in Idaho or something.......

John H

No unfortunatly that wasn't me that just got a 45 lwb. :(
Or is there something I don't know about? :D

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=6580;start=msg53975#msg53975 date=1066866989]
No unfortunatly that wasn't me that just got a 45 lwb. :(
Or is there something I don't know about? :D
[/quote]

:doh: .........but check your driveway just in case :D

John (who gets confused often)

Oh man if I walked out and saw a FJ45 in my driveway, even on my street, hell if I saw one in person in Atlanta, I think I would piss my pants. :D

John must be giving you his!

Hey bailey, Will you really piss you pants? If so, can we get it on video? I am sure the PBB would love it. I know where one is less then 10 min from the shop.

The guy that ownes it is a tool. 45 wagons are cool but major work.

Wait is it a 45lv or pickup? We are definatly takin a field trip next time I'm at the shop. :D
Tell you the truth, I really might. I hadn't seen a 55 in person but once until I showed up at the shop the first time.

[quote author=Webster link=board=1;threadid=6580;start=msg53375#msg53375 date=1066767803]
???

I have found a FJ45 wagon in my area for sale. It seems to be in excellent original condition. Original paint and no rust or dings to speak of. The only body damage I see is one taillight busted.

There is no price so I would need to make him an offer.

What you all think this is worth? I don't see alot of these for sale so I don't have a good reference frame.

Thanks
[/quote]

If it is as clean as you say and the running gear is in good working order the interior clean too. No rust in the undercarriage you would be in the 5K-10K range.
I would try and get the owner to tell you what he wants. It might just be a old used car to him. In which case you could steal it for 3K or 4K. Something like that cleaned up put on the ebay would probably cause some serious braindamage.

[quote author=Webster link=board=1;threadid=6580;start=msg54285#msg54285 date=1066923704]
Thanks for your feedback all!
[/quote]
If you decide you don't want it, and would rather get a finders fee let me know.
:cheers:

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=6580;start=msg54373#msg54373 date=1066933217]
If you decide you don't want it, and would rather get a finders fee let me know.
:cheers:
[/quote]
Will do, thanks

[quote author=axlechassis link=board=1;threadid=6580;start=msg54240#msg54240 date=1066917390]
If it is as clean as you say and the running gear is in good working order the interior clean too. No rust in the undercarriage you would be in the 5K-10K range.
I would try and get the owner to tell you what he wants. It might just be a old used car to him. In which case you could steal it for 3K or 4K. Something like that cleaned up put on the ebay would probably cause some serious braindamage.
[/quote]

IMO there are very few people that would spend $5k to $10k on a non-restored fj45 wagon. Even wagons in good shape are worth a few grand. Like fj25s, the market is just not there.

$5K-$10K, ha.

of the 135 wagons in the US and Canada only 15 of those can or have been compltely restored. Original trucks are dogs with bad wiring, bad brake, bad engine, bad steering, etc. A super clean no rust (in rockers, floor, under tailgate) and complete will be $6,000. The vast majority are $2,500 trucks or less (down to $500). Those over $3,500 would not total 30 units.

There are some clean trucks, a 21K mile that sold for $9K, then $15, then was last offered for $19K but really was never worth $7K.

The nicest was at TLC in 1997/8 and sold to Japan for around $14K. 62,000 miles, everything original and good original paint. NO OTHER 45 WAGON HAS BEEN THAT CLEAN.

this comes from my mouth (keyboard) a guy who once had 23 (twenty three) 45 wagons.

[quote author=rick_d link=board=1;threadid=6580;start=msg54721#msg54721 date=1066975649]
this comes from my mouth (keyboard) a guy who once had 23 (twenty three) 45 wagons.
[/quote]
I'm not doubting you just curious, how did you have 23 wagons? Also, since you seem to know about them, is there anything other than body parts/interior that is rare? I would assume lenses and trim may be as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom