What would you fellow cruiser heads do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The OEM radiator does.........:flipoff2:

yeah yeah yeah and the OEM AC compressor comes with the top plate. for triple the price it better come with the ten dollar cap included :flipoff2:

There was a time when a early OEM 80 brass 3-row was considered smarter $$ than replacing an AL 2-row like all the later 80's were spec'd with.

I have a good 12yrs on my brass 3-row, but cooling systems are rarely taxed like the SW guys unless you're crossing the Cascades/up in the passes here.

I forget the price difference betwwen the 2 in ~'01/'02 (it was a few cases of Keystones/bags of Dan's dog food - I recall that) - but @cruiserdan was a proponent of the early 3-row back then.

His views may have changed by now, esp if you were to talk a Davis or similar - but they are also prob 150-200% (wildly guessing, no research) - the price of a brass 3-row.

:meh: - if $$ is an issue in the short term, just filling with water & running your 80 for a couple weeks would be my choice since you're nowhere near a freeze zone.

Then once you're proved out & your wallet is a little more flush, decide what you want to look at hanging off the core support & do a real coolant swap.

I'd take a new heater valve & a AL 2-row over spending megabucks on a Davis if you're still on the OEM heater valve. My 2 cents.

Okay, I am realizing now there is a mixed bag of answers here.

I think I’ll just order a new oem radiator myself. I see that Norfolk Toyota is a sponsor so I’ll probably end up calling them and possibly having them redo my cooling system with oem.

Thanks for starting this thread. Handy!

I think I’ll just order a new oem radiator myself. I see that Norfolk Toyota is a sponsor so I’ll probably end up calling them and possibly having them redo my cooling system with oem.

Thanks for starting this thread. Handy!

This post from Aluminum VS. Copper-Brass Radiator: The Great Debate @Mandrake was super informative. I believe the oem aluminum is the way to go in the long run. The article does a great job of explaining the scientific differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom