What to do if you need an alternator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What’s the verdict? What kind of alternator should I put on my 1988FJ 62 no electric windows if that matters I need something quick but I need some thing. That’s good. I did the rebuild bull**** ones years ago and I literally put four in in one year. They were junk.

Waiting on my Toyota Matt alternator now. Hopefully it will be here any moment so I can get going. Thanks for the guidance fellas.

What’s the verdict? What kind of alternator should I put on my 1988FJ 62 no electric windows if that matters I need something quick but I need some thing. That’s good. I did the rebuild bulls*** ones years ago and I literally put four in in one year. They were junk.

Just get the OEM Toyota alternator from your Toyota dealer of choice if you are in the US and the truck is a US specification model.

27060-61090-84

tracking shows your new little baby DENSO 90A , on schedule, on time :) :santa:

i produced this T-TEN Tech-Time tutorial like last year , but 98 % of it is still 100% current , and relevant right this metric second ....

this will help you and every one else better understand the importance of refreshing the B+ RING and the connector input plugs on ANY land cruiser a must want to do after , 35-40 + years

below is a LINK to a dedicated stand alone tech thread were i am doing just this on GHOST real time live now during her 100% ALL OEM Toyota Genuine Japan Spec. parts proper 3F-E DE smog ,,,

- i am have the 3F-E de-smog original OARICAL @Spook50 on my TEAM for this soon to be plug , and Play kit foem offering , that will include a detailed never been produced before by the FSM step by step FSM themed procedures mini FSM ,,,

i have been yearning to Author and create a oem inspired specialty mini-meme FSM exactly like the TAN FJ60 and 1988-1990 era FJ62 FSM styles hybrid form for a long long time , and this topic is going to be it !

- sorry no silly PDF's on this one ,

- plastic front and back covers and printed out by a professional place and bound / Stapled in-line up the fold like a glove box owners manual is

- they WILL be offered at COST of printing and binding , because Empowering others on this topic through self Education traditional paper print media OEM FASMs was how i sprouted up my first little buds and roots when i was 16 , circa 1990 ....

- so this will be the way others can and will evolve as well on this some times murky
3F-E DE smog topic and a whole

- there are super unique niche things and irons in the FJ60 FJ62 2F 3F 3F-E Alternator and Charging system as a whole as we speak ,
so stay tuned , its gonna get new , exciting and different here soon ..............

- in a OEM-ONLY inspired way of course :D

thanks for letting me share and also update TECH. too ...33

matt ..

Years ago I received a mirror image clocked alternator as a rebuild from a LAPS. I was stranded and had to use it. My solution was to disassemble both units and move the bearings, bridge, and armature from the rebuild into the old case. Worked for years.

Years ago I received a mirror image clocked alternator as a rebuild from a LAPS. I was stranded and had to use it. My solution was to disassemble both units and move the bearings, bridge, and armature from the rebuild into the old case. Worked for years.

what was clocked in-correctly ?

the TOP, PIVOT tab or the voltage regulator piggy back square box on tp ?

what was clocked in-correctly ?

the TOP, PIVOT tab or the voltage regulator piggy back square box on tp ?
The pivot bolt ears and tensioning bolt ear were cast as if it was supposed to attach to the left side of the engine instead of the right next to the battery. '87 FJ-60, 2F desmogged. Not an OEM casting. All the internals were the same. Forward and aft dimensions aligned. Came without the voltage regulator. Did any of the 40's 2F's mount on the left? It would bolt on but the VR would rest against the head and the belt was wicked tight with no slack available. As soon as the head got hot it would overheat the VR and voltage spiked erratically. This was in the mid-90's.

The pivot bolt ears and tensioning bolt ear were cast as if it was supposed to attach to the left side of the engine instead of the right next to the battery. '87 FJ-60, 2F desmogged. Not an OEM casting. All the internals were the same. Forward and aft dimensions aligned. Came without the voltage regulator. Did any of the 40's 2F's mount on the left? It would bolt on but the VR would rest against the head and the belt was wicked tight with no slack available. As soon as the head got hot it would overheat the VR and voltage spiked erratically. This was in the mid-90's.

ALL non-usa 2F 3F 3FE ,. F1.5 drivers side lower LHD

need here

1701873237004.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom