What pitman arm scout p/s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the scout is about 9" go fot for off road bad for on road (pic of stock scout arm)
if I go 4" drop I'll be in the springs. I can't remember what loc to lock is.
DSCF7810.jpg

I've got a late 70's CJ arm which is 6 inches 1" drop but have not put it on and has the offset keyway.
hope this helps.

Goes without saying that it should only be done with the right tools and skills. Absolutely.

Mark...

Yes it does go without saying, but when dealing with something that can become a 50 mph uncontrolled 2.25 tons death, it bears repeating. :)

Will the stock TRE fit the jeep arms? I dont think I would cut and weld the pitman arm.

a land cruiser TRE will not fit any US pitman arm

mark...

When I got the j-10 pitman arm I also got the TRE and the drag link. I spliced the j-10 link to the 40 link in the center by cutting both pieces at a steep angle opposite each other. I then used a piece of solid rod that with a bit of work fit snugly inside the two links I then welded one side to the inside rod then put the links together and welded on the outside. The reason for the steep angle cut on both links is to get the maximum amount of welding surface. Get a new TRE and you are done.

Why doesn't nobody use the astro pitman arm? When I did my scout ps conversion that's what I went with.....

a land cruiser TRE will not fit any US pitman arm

mark...

Umm I found out that the inner tie rod ends on GM are the same taper and they fit my trail gear high steer arms which are for toyota minitruck and fj60 62 anddd that inner gm tre not outer fit my astro pitman arm.....

But what do I know I'm still a rookie hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom