What pistons in 2nd oversize for 1HD-FT ? Will FTE pistons fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

A friend bought last year and engine failure hdj80. Engine got rebuilt, new everything that was needed, almost everything oem:
1627308500131.png

1627308477039.png

I sold him a set of kikumoto pistons that I bought for a project that never happened. Compared to toyota pistons, the set costed as much as 1 toyota piston.
But after less tham 1000 km it seems one of the pistons have had cracked.... they were second oversize, 0.5mm.

1627308441257.png

Now the question is, which brand/manufacturer has good reputation, good quality and 2nd oversize piston and ring sets?
My friend is a professional mechanic, spent quite some money and time on this engine and wants his 80 back on the road, so we would be glad to receive recommendations.
Do 1hd-fte pistons fit? I found confliciting infos on this, which would be good to know as they seem to be easier to source.

Thanks all!

Anybody has experiences with engines Australia? They can supply the pistons and rings

Anybody has experiences with engines Australia? They can supply the pistons and rings
They have a good reputation over here,.I'd use their products without hesitation. (Or we can help 😁)

They have a good reputation over here,.I'd use their products without hesitation. (Or we can help 😁)
Thanks!
Which brands could you supply also can they come in 0,5mm oversize?
Best would be ART, but I know that will be hard to get.

Thanks!
Which brands could you supply also can they come in 0,5mm oversize?
Best would be ART, but I know that will be hard to get.
We supply various brands, mainly Terrain Tamer- made in Japan. Yes we can provide 0.5 and 1mm oversize pistons and rings

Anybody has experiences with engines Australia?
They are the biggest supplier of diesel engine kits in Australia. I have used them on a 1HZ and some other petrol engines with good results. They are made in Taiwan to a high standard.

Is there any indications why the Kikumoto piston failed? They are a Japanese brand and would normally be expected to be high quality. I would also ask Kikumoto for their opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom