What not to do on Black Bear pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Supposedly the Heep was parked and popped out of gear, with no parking brake set. I’ve read that they recovered the dog(s) in good health but the passenger was badly injured when ejected from the vehicle before it comes into frame on that video.

I saw a side-by-side do the same thing on another trail up there. Don't be an idiot driver!

Hold my beer, watch this!

And I thought watching for falling rocks/slides was dangerous enough! Watch for falling Jeeps😳 yeesh!

Saw someone accurately describe Black Bear As beginner-level with expert consequences. I've been on it once and agree with that assessment. Nothing really difficult, but a misstep can change your life.

Saw someone accurately describe Black Bear As beginner-level with expert consequences. I've been on it once and agree with that assessment. Nothing really difficult, but a misstep can change your life.

completely agree.

I ran that pass in July and I can't imagine effing that up. I can't believe anyone survived. Absolutely beautiful trail, but fear is a real thing there.

The article I read said he set the parking brake. Memory is a crazy thing though. Investigators will know whether it was set or not.

Jeep rolls from Black Bear Pass

In the end does it really matter if the brake was set?
It does make one think going forward how much we all depended on PARK feature.

In the end does it really matter if the brake was set?
It does make one think going forward how much we all depended on PARK feature.

It doesn't. Setting the parking brake is always a good idea. Situational awareness is just as important.

Just did black bear pass today, didn't notice the scar or see where it went off

In the SAS 100?

No, the old 80. Next time I'll have the lx...

IMG_20201024_103807521.jpg

The fact tour guides driving Chevy Suburbans full of tourists make the trip, and that first switchback turn, without a spotter is a testament to the low level of difficulty.

I think the difficulty is in overcoming your fear of knowing what will happen if you make a mistake...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom