What mirror parts do I need? (Hit and run that took DS mirror out...aargh) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My gf called to say that Florence (our LX450) got hit by someone driving by and the mirror glass is broken. :(

I'm traveling right now so trying to line up parts so I can fix this once I'm home.

Can anyone help me out on what all I need? It looks like the housing cracked apart so it seems like I need to source a white housing plus the mirror glass itself, right?

Have any leads on good places to call? Thanks!

1581042839580.png

1581042855407.png

You can get an aftermarket unit for $60 and paint with a color match spray paint from your local auto paint store. It won't be OEM quality, but it's 1/4 the cost and will likely work just fine.

Last I checked the white OEM Toyota mirrors were available. I replaced both of mine last year. They weren't that expensive and they are much nicer than aftermarket.
~ $150 ea

Check the classifieds parts/parting out section for used mirrors. I ripped my passenger side mirror off and was able to find a used one on here for around $50 or so I think. Pretty simple plug and play solution...just make sure you plug the wires into the same spots or else you’ll end up like me with mirror controls that are backwards. :doh: Doesn’t bother me enough to take it apart to fix it right now though

Thanks all for the input. Appreciate it. Am waffling between aftermarket + spray paint and OEM but think I'll go for OEM assuming nothing used turns up in the next few days.

I just bought the white ones before NLA. Glad I have a white 80 to match. :D

Credit to @Blk80inAZ for the part numbers. They come with the motor, plug and play.

87910-60190-08 Right white
87940-60130-08 Left white

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom