What kind of Floor Jack Do you guys suggest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What weight capacity would be sufficient for a stock FJ60?

I eventually wanna upgrade to a OME lift but I think some hi-lift floor jacks would still be good in the garage.

Which ones do you guys have/suggest?

Thanks

I use a cheapo floor jack from wal-mart, 14.99, works great and its been abused. It's a 2 tone btw.

Im pleased with my 3 ton craftsman, it was well under a hundred bucks and it came with a creeper.

I have a 2.5 ton, I wouldn't wan't to go lighter.

Yeah...you can typically get a good deal at sears with a floor jack, stool and set of jack stands for cheap. After years of my very heavy harbor freight peice of junk...I recommend getting a nice light one with good wheels. Nothing worse than a hernia from a floor jack :D

Craftsman 4 ton, works well for me.

I have a craftsman too, but I don't remember the size. So some comparison shopping and get the highest lift that your wallet can afford.

bought a 3ton jack that came with two 3ton stands for 90$, from canadian tire. and i also got two 6ton stands for another 40$. princess auto is also good source

2.5 - 3 ton should do fine. I have a Craftsman 3 ton (20 years +) and a new all aluminum 3 ton from Costco.

Dynosoar:zilla:

I have a 20 ton air jack. It works really nice on my 60. Sure the weight is over kill but you just slide it under and hit the trigger and up she comes. I paid about a hundred for it on sale.

here is the 12 ton version...mine is slightly bigger. Canadian Tire

I have a 3.5 ton from napa really nice jack great warranty too. Those single post Air jacks air nice too they can lift a 60 up 3 feet.

I was actually looking at one of these....do you know where yours is made?

I know most are made in China, but I was just wondering.

What kind of warranty did you get with it?

Thanks!

I lookied into this a few years ago, and what I remember is this. USA made jacks are still available, and they are rebuildable and really nice. They also cost over $1000 for a 2 ton high lift model. I'll buy one when it comes up used.

The Chinese jacks from the auto stores work fine, and the 3 ton jack is $79 or so. When it won't hold the load, get a new one. I don't trust them at all, and always and immediately, put the truck on 6 ton jack stands.

I lookied into this a few years ago, and what I remember is this. USA made jacks are still available, and they are rebuildable and really nice. They also cost over $1000 for a 2 ton high lift model. I'll buy one when it comes up used.

The Chinese jacks from the auto stores work fine, and the 3 ton jack is $79 or so. When it won't hold the load, get a new one. I don't trust them at all, and always and immediately, put the truck on 6 ton jack stands.

I hear you...I remember from my college auto shop days that the floor jacks where only to lift the vehicle long enough to put jack stands under them and to NEVER work under any vehicle using only the floor jack to hold it up.

I'm gonna keep on shopping and see what I come up with.

Thanks!

i agree...USA made jacks are out there but you'll pay the price. here's a Hein-Werner, (owned by Snap-On) made in the USA but very expensive.

Hein Werner W93642 - HW W93642 - "True Blue 93642" 2-Ton Hydraulic Service Jack

i admit that as much as i would like to support US manufacturing, (what little that remains,) i have an el cheapo Kragen special that works just fine, but i also have some monster Craftsman jack stands that are built like tanks.

I hear you...I remember from my college auto shop days that the floor jacks where only to lift the vehicle long enough to put jack stands under them and to NEVER work under any vehicle using only the floor jack to hold it up.

Thanks!

This point cannot be stressed enough. My friend found his dad under a vehicle where the jack had failed. Ill spare you the details, but he was dead. My friend was 10 at the time. So please use jack stands or similar support.

Man, I just went thru trying to figure out what jack to get, too. I ended up w/ the $68 3 Ton from Wal-Mart and bought 2 2 Ton stands for $11.88 for my 88 62. It's pretty heavy and doesn't move around too well.

I saw that Craftsman had their jack, creeper and stands kit on sale for $99 a few weeks back, but I didn't need another creeper.

Sam's Club has a Michelin for a good price, but I can't recall the specs.

Harbor Freight has their 3 Ton jack stands on sale right now for $12 along w/ a couple of Jacks.

Too many choices! Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom