Floor patch ideas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for thoughts on best way to address this. It is surprising to me that there is nobody making repair sections for a 60, as many of them as there is out there! I have posted in the classifieds looking for someone who might have a solid piece on a parts rig, not sure what else to do?

IMG_5223.jpg

$h!t, i wish mine had looked that good, i'd have that done already. had to carve out from sill to stiffener n from seat mount crossmember to seam at front body mount on the firewall. oh fawk, what's this?? bottom 4" of A pillar had to get rebuilt. that was today's mischief n mayhem in the shop. sorry, no pics
good fortune with the repair on that.

$h!t, i wish mine had looked that good, i'd have that done already. had to carve out from sill to stiffener n from seat mount crossmember to seam at front body mount on the firewall. oh fawk, what's this?? bottom 4" of A pillar had to get rebuilt. that was today's mischief n mayhem in the shop. sorry, no pics
good fortune with the repair on that.
This is overall a super clean 60. Only 132k original miles, I'm 3rd owner and have a 3 ring binder it came with that contains every receipt for anything ever done to it.

IMG_4405.jpg

Here are some photos of the repairs done on my 60.

Prep with 80 or 120 grit flap wheel on dremel tool, tedious but the metal is formed and not flat. This is the second time I’ve done this. The bottom of the A-pillar was clogged and did not drain (thanks to the mice nest that resided there from PO), additionally, the cowl at windshield contributes drainage here . . .
IMG_0270.jpeg

New metal welded in:
IMG_0274.jpeg

Be sure to clean all the undercoat underneath and remove the tar/sound-deadening material from under the carpet. The seams at the wheel well are also a place for water to get in, the mudflaps aren’t very effective.

Here is the sealant repair done at the cowl space (shown on my 62), you will need to remove the outer fender to get this done.

IMG_0325.jpeg

There are also metal adhesives (Fusor) that will easily work in your case. You could cut a few real small patches, "glue" in place and paint or seal/undercoat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom