What is this?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by nspctr1, Apr 17, 2003.

1. nspctr1

nspctr1

OK guys, I didn't get a response from the "other " board so lets see if you can figure it out. I am not sure how to post pics on this site so I will try and explain as best possible. I removed the fuel tank from my 75 fj40 and on one of the lines just above the tank there is a cartridge that looks just like a small fuel filter. Did it come from the factory this way? did the PO put it on? what does it do if it's not a fuel filter? the vapor mechanism is there also. do those go bad? Do I need to replace it? I pulled the tank due to a gas smell, I did have small holes and had them patched and the tank lined but while I am there I would like to do all of the work. thanks

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    gas smells frequently = a plugged drain from the vapor mechanism....I had one that was rusted shut.

You can post pictures/attach pictures useing the "attach" feature located directly below the window you type a reply in....filesize and filetype are limited tho....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.