What is this thing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pulled this out of my Dad's 01 Blazer, it was a construction foreman truck and now he has no use for it (just taking up leg space). Here are some pics. I was planning on wiring it up for trail use it is a true CB.

thanks for you help

Its a Kenwood. Can't really read this :doh: It doesn't say CB anywhere on it. Is it some sort of short wave radio. It scrolls through "units 1-8" Does have a scan feature but I don't see where you can change channels

What does this mean?

Give us that model number. It's in the upper right corner of the the tag in the second picture. I think it starts with a "T".

John Sherwood, W4DRJ
Charlotte, NC '79 FJ40 TLCA, Upstate Cruisers

It's probable not a Citizen Band Radio, But is more likely that it can only be used on the Frequency that the Construction Company had a Licence for. :-\

It looks and sounds like a two-way, won't do you any good. Might have some value though so don't pitch it, used two-ways go for $200 around here.

Yup, it's a 2-way. We use the same type in our mine. Those suckers cost about $800 new!

:eek: Its actually worth something? Anyone interested in a 2-way?
I'll get the model number off the back once I get home from work. I was actually hoping it was a CB. Shucks.

Over and Out Big Daddy. :D

Pimp it!

Yes, they are worth something, you just need someone looking for one to buy it. As wildebeast said, those things are about $800 new, they where a form of semi-private "CB" before the advent of cell-phones, but alot of companies still use them. Try looking in the yellow pages under "communication service" and you might find the businesses that provide two-way tower service, they might buy it off of you out right. You might not get what it's really worth but it's better than throwing it away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom