What is this thing behind my bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this today while getting my LX ready for the new ARB i've got coming tomorrow. I have no idea what it is, but sits directly behind the pass side stock bumper air vent opening? It appears to be some sort of sensor, i've looked in the FSM, but couldn't locate is. The PN on the side is ND 100775-0441.
Also, i've attached a pic of a small black sensor on my dash that I have no idea what it is. Any ideas?
Thanks,
James
whats this 001.jpg
whats this 002.jpg
whats this1.jpg

is there going to be a problem with me installing an ARB in front of this sensor? With the stock bumper it has access to airflow, but with the ARB it will be covered.

i think it is just ducted like that to keep warm air from the engine compartment from effecting the reading. if the reading of outside air tempature is higher then what you think it should be and that bothers you, just move the senser somewhere where it will pickup some airflow. it will not effect the performance of the vehicle.

Thanks.
I was thinking it might of been a temp sensor of some kind. It didn't even cross my mind that it was for the climate control. Did any of the LX's or LC's come with an optional outside temp digital display?

:confused: ok thats new for me. Trying to figure out what it would be needed for.

It senses the amount of solar gain, sun hitting the rig, uses it as part of the calculation for how much A/C is needed.

The first one is an Airbag sensor...right?

My 80 has the exact same sensor, Thought it was for the Alimeter, its a JDM. It cant be a temp sensor as the car does not have temp guage inside....

it's the radar jammer. only operational on JDM 80 series...

;)

FBI GPS Traking device? What have you been up to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom