What is this opening? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I remember seeing a rubber piece in some video for that opening, does it need to be covered? If so does anyone have a part number?

Also does anyone have an idea where that transmission fluid could be leaking from?

Thanks!

PXL_20210815_230218388.jpg

It's a plastic cover, order from your local dealer, not related to the leak.

Transmission fluid could be from a few locations, hard to say as it gets blown all over. You need to wash that area and the transmission pan off along with the left lower side of the engine (around the PS pump/lines and transmission cooler lines) and then look to see where it first reappears. Pay close attention
to the power steering and transmission cooler lines. Leaking PS fluid can be blown all the way back along the cooler lines and drip off the bellhousing.

Has any work been done on the PS system or near the cooler lines recently, replaced starter or??

Is either the transmission fluid or PS fluid low?

It's a plastic cover, order from your local dealer, not related to the leak.

Transmission fluid could be from a few locations, hard to say as it gets blown all over. You need to wash that area and the transmission pan off along with the left lower side of the engine (around the PS pump/lines and transmission cooler lines) and then look to see where it first reappears. Pay close attention
to the power steering and transmission cooler lines. Leaking PS fluid can be blown all the way back along the cooler lines and drip off the bellhousing.

Has any work been done on the PS system or near the cooler lines recently, replaced starter or??

Is either the transmission fluid or PS fluid low?
Power steering pump has been leaking for quite some time, small drip right off the pump- not really losing much fluid, but I do see the drops on the ground from time to time, the level always seems fine when I check - I've only had to refill once over the last 6 months. Transmission fluid level has been fine as well.

There was a replaced starter in its recent history a couple years ago. I do need to replace those cooler lines at some point they were pretty damn floppy when I was in there looking at them last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom