what is the best radiator besides oem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only struggle was getting a sock on deez nuts. Other than that everything went well.

:cheers:
Rookie2
:eek::censor::eek::censor:

Hahahaha!!! Glad it worked out for ya!

FWIW, I am running cooler after the new radiator, which is good to see. I started running warmish a couple of years ago and was able to help it with a fan clutch tune and fluid change to 10,000 Cst. Now with the new radiator I'm running a needle width below midway under normal conditions. Apparently the old radiator was not performing optimally. May have to go back to the normal weight fluid in the fan clutch now, lol.

Last edited:
I just ordered a KOYO 1918 from CARID and Received a TYC 1918 in a TYC box and label. I called and they said their distributor was out of the Koyo so they sent a TYC. I requested they take it back and they want to charge me for both of the shipping. I guess I will be calling AMEX! Really disappointed. Avoid CARID!!!

I just ordered a KOYO 1918 from CARID and Received a TYC 1918 in a TYC box and label. I called and they said their distributor was out of the Koyo so they sent a TYC. I requested they take it back and they want to charge me for both of the shipping. I guess I will be calling AMEX! Really disappointed. Avoid CARID!!!

This is bull****, pure and simple.

A TYC does NOT = Koyo.

Im not worried. AMEX will get me a full refund. They are great unlike CARID. They would have issued a full refund and I would have been fine. but trying to get me with shipping charges for their or their distribution center mistake is total bull****.

I was going to start my own thread on this. I am on my 3rd Koyo from CARiD. All 3 1918's have leaked the same places. They replaced the previous 2. I just sent the email today requesting an RMA. UPDATE- CARiD initiated the RMA and looks like a CSF(3 row copper) is the next go round....I am way too good at changing these now!

Last edited:
Never been happy with CARID, I avoid them like the plague now but others have had really good luck with them.

Taking a refund. Not replacing at CARid.

I replaced mine yesterday with a up unit from 1-800radiators, box was print with 1918. It looks just like the Koyo that failed, just with a different sticker. Has lifetime warranty and they are local, will see what happens.

I was going to start my own thread on this. I am on my 3rd Koyo from CARiD. All 3 1918's have leaked the same places.
Curious where they leaked from? I got a Koyo 1918 from CARID a few months ago. No trouble so far.

Top seams are leaking when temp differential is greatest. At start....etc

I replaced mine yesterday with a up unit from 1-800radiators, box was print with 1918. It looks just like the Koyo that failed, just with a different sticker. Has lifetime warranty and they are local, will see what happens.

What are the letters after 1918?

BTW, in the 6 years I have dealt with radiators, I have not had many Genera Corp issues. We're talking many thousands of radiators, hardly any TYC failures. It's what I put in my Camry, by choice.

No letter, just 1918 on the box. The regular resin and mold stamp on the top. I looked it over every angle, looked the same, fit the same. I went for convenience, I called them and they delivered to my home the same day, and lifetime warranty. This was my first radiator job ever, was around 2 hours to change, then 45 mins of running engine to burp with burp funnel (from Amazon). Drove about 65 miles yesterday, no leaks.

SO I ordered the TYC via amazon today and received a Koyo. I still have the TYC so I thought I would compare. They look very similar at first glance but I noticed the openings of the interior rows of the core on the KOYO and TYC differ. Also, the sides of the Koyo core are much more substantial. One side of the TYC actually seems to have bent. Also the transmission line connections on the Koyo are full brass. The TYC has a combination of Brass and a different metal in the rest of the hardware. The top and bottom tanks seem to be made of different plastic composition. The TYC has much more of a shame while the Koyo is more mat in finish.
The crimping of the cores and tanks seems about equal.

No letter, just 1918 on the box. The regular resin and mold stamp on the top.

I guess 1800 didn't put a label on it. They usually will, like 1918PB, Or 1918CC....

The plastic stamp doesn't vary most of the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom