What is a good propane camp shower and tent? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone use an outdoor propane camp shower and tent?

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
I've used the Zodi shower for years and I'm pleased with it.

I’ve been seriously considering this one from Australi.

I’ve been seriously considering this one from Australi.

I'm on the waiting list, ETA shipping on 3/15. To me, the sink incorporated into the system was where it sold me. My current set up is pretty efficient, but this is just genius. And all in one with the pump, splitters, etc. I'm already carrying a 10lb propane for the stoves, so a simple splitter to bring this into the system is clutch. My friend has the V1 unit only, not the Nomad kit, with some accessories and he's had zero problems with it. His only complaint is that the temps are in C but those were the early ones that hit stateside :cautious:

Last edited:
Since 2018 I have had a 5L camp chef triton water heater, and it is still going strong. I believe it was the HWD5 but they all seem very similar to me.

For the past several years I have used a kelty blockhouse privacy shelter. It is ok, but the company stand behind their products which makes life easier. They sent me a new pole when I bent one, and then when it happened again they sent me a whole new unit free. I think my unit has been discontinued due to the propensity of the poles to bend, but I would buy again from the company with no hesitation.

Sometimes the rei garage sale has shelters for like $30 bucks.

Since 2018 I have had a 5L camp chef triton water heater, and it is still going strong. I believe it was the HWD5 but they all seem very similar to me.

For the past several years I have used a kelty blockhouse privacy shelter. It is ok, but the company stand behind their products which makes life easier. They sent me a new pole when I bent one, and then when it happened again they sent me a whole new unit free. I think my unit has been discontinued due to the propensity of the poles to bend, but I would buy again from the company with no hesitation.

Sometimes the rei garage sale has shelters for like $30 bucks.

Thanks that is what I went with !

Available at Home Depot.

The Camp Chef Triton. I saw some mod's to fit it in a suit case similar to a pelican and extend the hose.

ended up like this.

water-heater.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks that is what I went with !

Available at Home Depot.

The Camp Chef Triton. I saw some mod's to fit it in a suit case similar to a pelican and extend the hose.

ended up like this.

View attachment 2599864
I think I have seen that youtube video where the guy built this. He was correct when he said the fittings are the hardest part to get sorted out. I created a box for my pump separate from the heater case. Making it modular allows me to have pressurized water at camp without pulling out the water heater. I have gone thru about 5 different variations to get to the one I'm using now.

Yes, I saw your build the other day. Nice.

I'm not going to put the pump bolted to the case, but I do like the idea of the water heater in a case with the extended hoses.

Yes, I saw your build the other day. Nice.

I'm not going to put the pump bolted to the case, but I do like the idea of the water heater in a case with the extended hoses.
You probably saw a previous iteration. I haven't updated my build thread yet. I need to. I now use a pump alone in a box and attach it to jerry cans. Have you purchased your pelican style case yet? If so, which one did you end up getting?

pelican 1560 protector.

Last edited:
I saw Joolca came out with a mounting bracket for the water heater.

What are the dimensions of the Joolca water heater?

joolca water heater bracket.png

I saw Joolca came out with a mounting bracket for the water heater.

What are the dimensions of the Joolca water heater?

Thanks, .. I see .. 11.4" is the width.

So this is a little narrower that the Camp Chef. So that mount will not work on the Camp Chef.. too bad.

The other nice thing about the joolca is that it only requires 10psi to kick on. That may be important for some people depending on what pump they use.

I ordered the Joolca shower tent, that company seems to have the remote camp shower gear nailed down. Quality stuff.

Joolca also has a nice on/off button on the shower head, so that was an extra there.

shower-floor-2.jpg

Last edited:
Mine shipped. Arriving next Friday in time for a trip the weekend after. Will report back to this thread. Splitter already in hand for the tank and extra scepter H20 ordered in case we're not close to water source. Psyched, but not nearly as much as my fiance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom