What is a good propane camp shower and tent? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI there's a $40 OFF code that is active now: JOOLCA40

FYI there's a $40 OFF code that is active now: JOOLCA40

Could you please tell me where did you get that code, they said is was invalid since last year?

joolca40.JPG

Interesting, looks like it was pulled. Here it is upon my ordering.
image.png

This thing works great! I think the heaters all work the same almost and prices are different on the extras.

This one works like an on-demand water heater.

The Camp Chef HWD5 Triton Heater comes with an automatic on demand ignition system, meaning this appliance automatically ignites once water is flowing through it. It will turn off if the water flow is stopped either at the inlet or outlet. It will automatically reignite when the flow of water is started. This outdoor LP hot water heater uses 2 D batteries for ignition.

Inline Heat Exchanger and you have endless washing and Free Heat.
Cruiser Outfitters - http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/helton.html

The 1FZ-Fe makes a Little Extra Heat. I have one, I just have not Rigged it yet.
Thinking I will have to mix Hot/Cold so I have an anti scald Valve.
Have the 12V on demand pump.
Nice for Washing Vehicle too.
No Box to lug around either, but you would have to shower rather close to Truck or Have Long Hose.
If you found a Stream you could Hypothetically pump hot water till your Truck Ran out of Gas.
Nice for washing after a Trail Ride.

Still working out the kinks with this thing...

View attachment 2717687

Is that the K9 Cube?

Is that the K9 Cube?

I went with the Quick Pitch "Quick-en-suite". The poles I got from Drifta.

So...what be the kinks exactly? It's getting close to time to go in on one.
Not much really. With poles vs without are two different animals and ideally I want both options. Camp shower vs Quick changing/potty room. Issue is the height of the fabric off the ground is different depending on poles vs sans poles. Fabric is a kite with no poles, straps, or stakes.

I ran a permanent line/clip from the interior corners to the hitch and slider for no poles when windy to help stabilize for a quick use. Then I set the straps to the length to accommodate stakes if needed when using poles and camping.

I think its pretty dialed in now.

Not much really. With poles vs without are two different animals and ideally I want both options. Camp shower vs Quick changing/potty room. Issue is the height of the fabric off the ground is different depending on poles vs sans poles. Fabric is a kite with no poles, straps, or stakes.

I ran a permanent line/clip from the interior corners to the hitch and slider for no poles when windy to help stabilize for a quick use. Then I set the straps to the length to accommodate stakes if needed when using poles and camping.

I think its pretty dialed in now.

I like your setup. Didn't you have some kind of issue when installing it? What was that?

I like your setup. Didn't you have some kind of issue when installing it? What was that?
Not really an issue, but I had to use more crap than I would prefer. The mounting tabs on the soft bag version of the shower unit are discreet which is why I used 80/20. What I ordered turned out to be a lot heavier than expected. I may swap for something lighter.
I could ditch the iron mounts and attach the gamiviti recievers directly to the 8020... but if the shower is too flush with the rack, you loose some interior space due to the fender.

I considered having a shop extend the reciever mounts so I could have it flush with the rack when not in use and extended 4 - 6 inches when needed. I may still try that.
Right now it works well, but the iron mounts are composite so they wont last forever.

Too many words. Lol hope that helps

Thanks. Yes now I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom