What hubs are these??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just like the description states, trying to identify these hubs. I am going to do a factory dock brake conversion next week on my 1976 BJ40 and have never seen ones like this…. Does not mean they are special, looks to be rare so fun fun if I need parts for them. They appear to use conical washers like an asain.

Mark

5588D9D1-B0AC-485D-AD60-D929CBEADFB0.jpeg
C604CA7E-2F2C-4846-A655-73694859928E.jpeg

9FDF6B7A-A054-4FAD-9A88-AC5543E3D53F.jpeg
The BJ

Never heard of them, are they any good???

AVM are made in South America. Looked at some more pictures and I agree. I have a set of Warn hubs that came with the conversion. What is the opinion as to what you would run of me???

Last edited:
Never heard of them, are they any good???

AVM are made in South America. Looked at some more pictures and I agree. I have a set of Warn hubs that came with the conversion. What is the opinion as to what you would run of me???
If you're converting from drum to disc, you'll have to use different locking hubs to match the conversion. If you got Warn hubs with the 'kit', run with it.

I wasn’t planning on using the Warren hubs that came with the conversion because I don’t know what spline I have on my axles but I guess I need to tear them apart and do some digging. You got me really wondering now but just curious why won’t the other hubs work?

I was all concerned that I had the wrong splines for the conversion I bought but got home real quick pulled it apart and the WARN hub slides right on!
33875B78-8B4D-404E-9CC1-AFA268DFDBAA.jpeg

If you're converting from drum to disc, you'll have to use different locking hubs to match the conversion. If you got Warn hubs with the 'kit', run with it.

Post 75 Non-US Drum brakes have fine spline birfs and big wheel bearings/splindles just like discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom