What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rebuilt driver and passenger front door lock actuators. Thanks to everyone on here it only cost me $20 instead of $500+. Just removed the actuator assembly, carefully popped it open, removed the motor and gear, put the gear on the new motor and reassemble. Took me about 3 hours total to do both of them. Took my time double checking everything as I went.

6ba94833-9471-4720-a4e8-4771a3c9f56c-jpeg.3160256

Amazon product ASIN B01CDIFLAK
These were a couple of the posts I used as reference. There were LOTS of others.

6BA94833-9471-4720-A4E8-4771A3C9F56C.jpeg

Not sure if you're still around or if anyone has the part number available for these retaining clips, but my 2010 inserts immediately pulled out when I installed the new WeatherTech mats...So I have some very slick, actually unsafe, new mats in the vehicle
58694-76010, 58698-76010. 4 of each.

Anyone interested in a low profile front recovery bracket?

6061-T6
Used with regular or soft shackle.
Rated at 10k Lbs with 2x saftey factor.
Used for recovery and tie down.
JIS 10.9 bolts and washers.

If I get 10 orders I can do ~$135 shipped to the lower 48. This is for 2 brackets and hardware.
1667794989476.png

1667795597748.png

1667795548800.png

What is this setup? Dissent rear? What is the thing on top of tire carrier?
It is a Gobi-X rear bumper, they are made in South Africa. As such, it is made for the South African/European spec 200 series which doesn't have the integrated rear factory tow hitch. I wasn't going to completely get rid of my stock hitch, so I cut a massive hole in the Gobi-X bumper and did some mild modifications to my hitch to get it to fit. I now have two hitches.

On top of each spare is a American Adventure Lab Spare Tire Platform. I took about 4" off of the inside of each so I could run them both without hitting each other and it gives me a 78" x 24" bed on top of my spares. Realistically, I can't run a lot of weight up there, but I can have enough up there to be really useful. I carry my RV3 over both, a chemical toilet on one, and my camping chairs on the other. I lash the RV3 down so that I only need to remove one lash on the opposite side and I can still open my wheel carrier if I need to get back there before we make it to camp.

Anyone interested in a low profile front recovery bracket?

6061-T6
Used with regular or soft shackle.
Rated at 10k Lbs with 2x saftey factor.
Used for recovery and tie down.
JIS 10.9 bolts and washers.

If I get 10 orders I can do ~$135 shipped to the lower 48. This is for 2 brackets and hardware.
View attachment 3161538
View attachment 3161549
View attachment 3161546
I would be interested. With the IronMan bumper there is no front recovery points and something like this would fix that problem.

I would be interested. With the IronMan bumper there is no front recovery points and something like this would fix that problem.
I'll start getting these made, It will take a week or two. You might need longer mounting bolts as the IronMan bumper looks like it mounts to the factory recovery point locations. Can you measure how thick the material is in those locations?

I'll start getting these made, It will take a week or two. You might need longer mounting bolts as the IronMan bumper looks like it mounts to the factory recovery point locations. Can you measure how thick the material is in those locations?
It does mount there and is 1/8" thick.

Last edited:
It does mount there and is 1/8" thick.
Thanks, increase in bolt length probably not necessary, but can send with 5mm longer bolts.

Last edited:
Overall width is 30mm. Skinny enough for a 7/8" bow shackle which has a 31.75mm (1.25") opening. I recommend soft shackles though.
Sounds good. I would like a set when available. I have a bumper with 3/16" mounting plate and a 1/4" aluminum skid so will probably need longer bolts. What soft shackles do you use?

Sounds good. I would like a set when available. I have a bumper with 3/16" mounting plate and a 1/4" aluminum skid so will probably need longer bolts. What soft shackles do you use?
Yankum rope\Bubba rope is what I have. I'm sure there are some cheaper ones that will be fine.

2010 LX570 124k miles. Did transmission flush (full 14 quart flush) through transmission cooling line. Absolutely amazed at the outcome. Simply did as a PM, as I did not think I was having any shifting problems. Apparently, very slowly over time my shifting had become a tiny bit rough. Post-flush it is amazingly smooth, better than I ever remember it being. If you're on the fence about this PM...DO IT!

2010 LX570 124k miles. Did transmission flush (full 14 quart flush) through transmission cooling line. Absolutely amazed at the outcome. Simply did as a PM, as I did not think I was having any shifting problems. Apparently, very slowly over time my shifting had become a tiny bit rough. Post-flush it is amazingly smooth, better than I ever remember it being. If you're on the fence about this PM...DO IT!
Are most people doing drain and fills on these trucks?

Finalize my bumper and grill after a long process. Hard to make a LC Rhino 4x4 fit on a 200 series LX, but I think I am finally done

tempImagegC7p2V.png

tempImageL9CczV.png

tempImagehmKfaB.png

tempImageTCtEvw.png

tempImageFNXQwu.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom