What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Body mount chop (BMC) started
1601239810845.png

Had my drivers side vents stop pushing any air except through the floor. All other vents were functioning normally. After some searching here found others dealing with the same issue and more importantly the May 2020 TSB (T-SB-0048-20) that addresses it.
Local dealer didn’t find any codes but did do the software update which fixed the issue.

Tensioning pulley had a catastrophic failure. Since I had to get in there, I took the opportunity to replace water pump, fan clutch, fan blade, fan bracket, idler pulley, tensioning pulley, belt, thermostat, radiator (was starting to show the dreaded wear line), radiator hoses, shroud, and a full coolant flush. What a fun weekend trying to work around the ARB bumper. Next up I'll replace the heater tees with some brass ones.

Thanks to @cruiseroutfit and the team at Cruiser Outfitters for supplying a bunch of the Aisin OEM parts so I didn't have to get everything from the stealership!
IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5670.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

Tensioning pulley had a catastrophic failure. Since I had to get in there, I took the opportunity to replace water pump, fan clutch, fan blade, fan bracket, idler pulley, tensioning pulley, belt, thermostat, radiator (was starting to show the dreaded wear line), radiator hoses, shroud, and a full coolant flush. What a fun weekend trying to work around the ARB bumper. Next up I'll replace the heater tees with some brass ones.

Thanks to @cruiseroutfit and the team at Cruiser Outfitters for supplying a bunch of the Aisin OEM parts so I didn't have to get everything from the stealership!
View attachment 2450117

View attachment 2450118

View attachment 2450119

What mileage if you don't mind me asking? Have had the water pump and radiator done (belt too I think) previously but unsure of the rest.

Also - this is SQOD worthy but
replace the heater tees with some brass ones.
That's a thing in our 200's? Thought that was a 100 or earlier series thing.

What mileage if you don't mind me asking? Have had the water pump and radiator done (belt too I think) previously but unsure of the rest.

That's a thing in our 200's? Thought that was a 100 or earlier series thing.

I am just under 150k miles. The water pump was in great shape and I suspect that it and the radiator may not have been original, the idler pulley was a bit gritty, fan bracket felt good but was really easy to get to at the same time and not much extra, hoses were totally fine, the fan had shattered at some point and was pretty out of balance and had damaged the fan shroud, idler pulley was completely catastrophic yet wasn't screaming like I would have expected given what I found (no bearing left) however, most of it was a might as well while I'm there so it will go another 150k.

The heater tees are something I saw recommended in the radiator thread. I don't think they are as big of an issue as the 100s or 80s however, I think it makes good sense to not rely on plastic and it is cheap and easy to replace since they are right on top and easy to get to but would have catastrophic effect if they did let loose.

Last edited:

View attachment 2450117

View attachment 2450118

View attachment 2450119

Wow. Nicely done!
Will probably need to do most of your list soon(other tthan the radiator).

Do you have a source for your heater Ts?

Wow. Nicely done!
Will probably need to do most of your list soon(other tthan the radiator).

Do you have a source for your heater Ts?

Thanks. I looked at the Doorman steel ones and then ended up ordering 5/8ths brass barbed tees off of Amazon. I haven't got to them yet. Once I slap them in, I'll report on how they look, but I'm sure they will do just fine.

Another 14hr 1,000 mile trip. Obligatory sunrise, mid day, and sunset photos below. Note the road is empty in each shot.

Also had the LX and 4R fluid filmed last weekend as they will be on winter duty. Cruiser will be a garage queen!

87EA9C04-B343-4166-B7BB-09394A43FD6B.jpeg

9961BBA1-DE98-4165-841A-064227B17B5F.jpeg

91643E0F-B4CE-46F7-9C31-0FCDB0025A53.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom