What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threw on new 555 Inner and Outer tie rods on the DS. Has anybody else that has installed these noticed how low the castle nut sits on the threads when you torque it to the FSM spec of 90 ft-lbs? The cotter pin barely does any good. It looks like the threads are longer than OEM TRE's. I suppose a guy could just source a taller castle nut.

62691745143__7343FDFE-62A7-4E37-ADF6-ED46EF48DDEA.JPG
IMG_9069.JPG
IMG_9068.JPG
IMG_9067.JPG

Last edited:
You made it to Windrock?? Dude that's awesome!

Looks like it was a great trip. Nice save with the plugs.

Yeah eventually made it to the Windrock around mid-week. Paid $100 for one day of wheeling and kept remembering your warning about trail 22. I have only a few pics and videos of the outing but it was a blast. I didn't dare to go on more serious trails since we didn't have a support vehicle and we still had a 1000 miles to drive the truck back. My wife is turning into quite a spotter!

Keep very careful track of your caliper springs when doing front brakes and/or wheel bearings! One of my springs boinged into the unknown and my dealership doesn't stock them. Unnecessary delay :bang:

Drain and fill both diffs and the transfer case with Mobil 1 75W90 and AT-205. Front output shaft seal started throwing oil, so I’m crossing my fingers it will seal back up so I can avoid pulling the transfer case.

And I pulled the splash guards and tried to wash the mud I brought home from Arkansas off the underside.

Just got my 90k service done.

All new:

Tensioner
Tensioner bearing
Idler bearing
Thermostat
Water pump
Crank seal
Timing and drive belts
Heater Ts
Coolant
Cabin filters
Front and rear diff oil
Transfer case oil
Motor oil

Drives like she just came off the assembly line. She'll be good for another 10 years!

Last edited:
DT headers with @DragoISAR. Terrible cracks in the stock ones. Took the two of us about 8 hrs. :banana: :banana: :banana: and 15 bloody knuckle job

Update: never got better than 12 and change before, first two tanks of mixed driving show me at 14 and change now. Pretty happy with the 2 mpg improvement. Guess my leak was worse than it looked and sounded like. Driveability definitely improved. Still a pig, but the 4.7 doesn't feel gutless anymore. Well worth it if you have an exhaust leak, should pay for itself in a year or two in gas milage savings.

PXL_20201114_002308236.jpg

IMG_20201113_182331_01.jpg

IMG_20201113_182349_01.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my 90k service done.

All new:

Tensioner
Tensioner bearing
Idler bearing
Thermostat
Water pump
Crank seal
Timing and drive belts
Heater Ts
Coolant
Cabin filters
Front and rear diff oil
Transfer case oil
Motor oil

Drives like she just came off the assembly line. She'll be good for another 10 years!

i can’t believe you only have 84k on the odo!

I've never seen an LX with Toyota fender flares before. How did it fit?

Front fenders and rear quarter wheel arches fit perfect! Everything lined up with the factory holes, and sits flush with the body! The rear door arches on the other hand required some finagling to attach!

We hauled 2420 pounds of leaves to the composting collection center today, that we raked up as part of the Rake Up Boise volunteer effort. We got yards cleaned up for four grateful homeowners in need. On both trips up to the landfill, I tipped the scales at 8800 pounds with the trailer.

Installed 1.25 Bora spacers
EDF856AD-E5C2-4FCC-95F1-DD9DC19F3AE6.jpeg

67C6F5A9-26A8-4B80-B2EB-314C9CDCD02B.jpeg
D1F29751-B118-49F2-85A0-29906F13629C.jpeg

Impressed with how much of a difference these make in person, pics on here don't do them justice. Great stance even with the stock size tire. losing the running boards a few months ago and adding these spacers will satisfy my mod itch for at least a few weeks.

EDIT:

while at the gas station a 4runner trd pro owner with some bolt ons asked me if these were the stock wheel and tire size... spacers set it up just right

Last edited:
Hey everyone!
Recent LC owner and I keep falling in love more and more with it! 2007 and pampered its whole 29000 miles at dealership by previous owner! It really drives like new. I’m amazed!

Today, aired up spare tire lol and tire pressure light went off! I can’t believe there’s also a sensor on spare and that it is actually an identical wheel to stock ones.
Changed oil and filter myself with Mobil1 Full Synthetic.
Last week I replaced both upstream O2 sensors which actually triggered the downstream one to malfunction and send code... Read about it here and somewhere else and it actually happens.
No more codes. Wish I knew before spending $ on downstream ones. (All Denso)
Couple months ago I installed the USA SPEC BT-45 TOY. Works great! (For Bluetooth connectivity)
New Toyota gas cap too.
Tempted to do the timing belt and W/Pump service myself but still need to study it longer. I’m not a mechanic but love to do things myself to perfection and of course at the lowest price.
Thank you for your time!

Trying to keep it as original as possible but definitely I will keep adding a few things here and there. Can’t wait to take it to some trails.
Anyone knows any in Dallas/FT Worth area??

Took delivery of my first 100/470 series. Bought sight unseen and was very concerned about general condition but more or less pleased. All original body panels. No rust from NC. No service history but general appearance leads me to believe it wasn't complelty neglected. Long list of PM to begin right away and some great help from awesome people here on mud getting my keys figured out. Only came with valet key. My kids might even let me drive this one till I can get my own. 🤣

PXL_20201111_150715089.jpg

2020-11-12 14.00.48.jpg

Last edited:
LX470 reliably took me to a nice spot in the high desert to test out my new Skydio 2 drone! Waited a whole year to get it, makes capturing videos super easy as its autonomous and follows me by itself. So don't need a co pilot to record and can focus on the driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom