What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What was ticking?

One of his exhaust manifolds had a crack. The crack makes a ticking sound. On some cars the ticking sound goes away after warming up, on some, the ticking doesn't. That is usually when they get replaced. Too bad for us in Cali, these aren't street legal.

Dipped the truck in mud.

IMG_20180805_131236329_HDR.jpg

First rule of Mud: no pictures of mud! Ick! :cautious:
LOL... Mountain mud too so it's not gonna wash right off. Think I'm pulling it up into the front yard later to rinse it. The lawn can use some extra nutrients.

Did a little more work on the DIY roof rack. Realized I need to raise it up from the setting I'm currently at, I thought there would be more room in the middle but it's just barley hovering above the rubber strips in the roof.
I still have the middle cross members to add and the front fairing.
So far I'm at $220 and most of that is from the trail taylor brackets.

IMG_20180807_162420.jpg
IMG_20180807_162434.jpg
IMG_20180807_162442.jpg

finished the lift kit last night, time to go play!

42100730090_9a3d5e98fa_c.jpg

Does the shape of the Tail Lights on the 100 Series change between 2005 & 2007?!

I want to pull the trigger on these:

Spyder® ALT-YD-TLAN98-LED-BK - Black/Red Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights

I don't believe the SHAPE changes however the CONNECTOR is different being that 98-05 is halogen and 06-07 is LED

So NOT plug & play - Which I'm sure for the person with minimal electrical skills would be able to work around (not me)

NOT 100% - let's hear what others think !

And one other thing - they come with a built in LED reverse strip that someone up here said wasn't all that great - but knowing that sweet 100 of yours you probably have some auxiliaries

Reactions: jno
I had to replace the #3 coil pack last night. This was the first time I have ever had a coil fail without notice. Typically I get a few weeks of a slight hesitation before failure, but not this time. I started the truck and pulled around behind the house to hook up my utility trailer. I left the truck idling while I hooked up. Got back into truck and started to pull away and a cylinder dropped out. I didn’t get a CEL to start with. I drove around the block and back to the house and finally got the intermittent flashing CEL, P0303 on the ScanGauge. I swapped in a new coil and everything is good.

I had to replace the #3 coil pack last night. This was the first time I have ever had a coil fail without notice. Typically I get a few weeks of a slight hesitation before failure, but not this time. I started the truck and pulled around behind the house to hook up my utility trailer. I left the truck idling while I hooked up. Got back into truck and started to pull away and a cylinder dropped out. I didn’t get a CEL to start with. I drove around the block and back to the house and finally got the intermittent flashing CEL, P0303 on the ScanGauge. I swapped in a new coil and everything is good.

I just did the same thing a week back, but it was throwing codes for multiple cylinders. Turned out the one bad coil pack was throwing the others off. I narrowed down which one it was (first to throw a code) and swapped it out. All better.

Nice look! Wheel offset and size? Tire size? Any spacers?

Thanks! I really love these wheels. They are Stealth Custom Series F5. No spacers. The front tires rub barrely on the fenders during hard bumps. Once I get a real lift kit I'm hoping that will fix it. Otherwise I'll figure out how to roll the fenders slightly.

F5

I am finally (FINALLY!) at the point where I can begin my battery management and OBA system. It's been way too long in the making; I've literally been planning the system and layout and collecting components since February. I'm not OCD, I'm just thorough haha.

I purchased the second battery and installed that and my compressor for a test fit so I can start to plan the bracket for my circuit breaker and ACR. Can't wait to have this setup finished, I'm tired of airing up at gas stations or bumming compressor time off others.

I also added my HIH8 magnet to my HIH7 magnet on my garage door. Can't wait for HIH9!

IMG_20180721_143948.jpg
IMG_20180722_151114.jpg
IMG_20180722_151230.jpg
IMG_20180722_161401.jpg

IMG_20180721_140022.jpg

I got her some ill fitting WeatherTech floormats... lol wth, who measured this before manufacturing? short 1.5" on both sides

43033421395_11a2fa8e15_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom