What have you been doing with your Toyota? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some new wheels and tires 😜

Woke up early and hit the road towards Yellowstone! We saw all sorts of wild life, Deer, Elk, Bison, Big Horn Sheep, a fox and two wolves way off in the distance! It was an epic day in the park!
20190315204925_IMG_0561.JPG

20190315212332_IMG_0586.JPG

20190315212421_IMG_0588.JPG

20190315212448_IMG_0594.JPG

20190315231231_IMG_0660.JPG

Doing some camp evaluations before summer really hits. I've decided I need to add two support poles to the CVT black Butte tent because it sags when wet and starts leaking through the roof after a few hours of pooling. If it could shed it then life would be very dry inside
MVIMG_20190323_154520.jpg

Welded up a couple of mounts to replace the 3rd row hang-on handles. Trip to Kenyon Noble and it's done. Finally got my Trax off the floor.
Likely going to add a shelf panel for warm weather gear....

IMG_0475.jpeg

Last edited:
It's been a busy few weeks.

Rebuilt the transmission (H150):
new 1st and 2nd gear syncros.
5th gear ratio change (terrain tamer) for reduced rpm's on the highway,
new clutch.
new heavy 2.5in old man emu for front and rear w/ Bilstiens.
And a bunch of rewiring.

Then went on a test drive down to The Maze in canyon-lands in UT.

The old girl performed flawlessly! I can now shift into 1st and 2nd without coming to a complete stop which is awesome when on the trail. The 5th gear has really transformed the truck into a long distance traveler... Before the 5th gear change, it would max out at about 73mph with the engine was screaming (not sure the exact rpms... my tack is not correct). With the 5th gear change i can cruise at 80mph and i am not close to where i was before with rpms. My initial mpg's fully loaded w/ rooftop tent is 23mpg's... I need to do a little more testing on this. I am stoked!

Thanks to @bagochips76 & ben (don't know your mud handle) for all your help!

Last edited:
Now you are an official gearhead! Welcome to the club!!

It's been a busy few weeks.

Rebuilt the transmission (H150):
new 1st and 2nd gear syncros.
5th gear ratio change (terrain tamer) for reduced rpm's on the highway,
new clutch.
new heavy 2.5in old man emu for front and rear w/ Bilstiens.
And a bunch of rewiring.

Then went on a test drive down to The Maze in canyon-lands in UT.

The old girl performed flawlessly! I can now shift into 1st and 2nd without coming to a complete stop which is awesome when on the trail. The 5th gear has really transformed the truck into a long distance traveler... Before the 5th gear change, it would max out at about 73mph with the engine was screaming (not sure the exact rpms... my tack is not correct). With the 5th gear change i can cruise at 80mph and i am not close to where i was before with rpms. My initial mpg's fully loaded w/ rooftop tent is 23mpg's... I need to do a little more testing on this. I am stoked!

Thanks to @bagochips76 & ben (don't know your mud handle) for all your help!

View attachment 1937278

View attachment 1937280

View attachment 1937282

View attachment 1937285

View attachment 1937291

Love those pictures. I am going to have to head out to the maze. Do you have a map that shows your route?

Love those pictures. I am going to have to head out to the maze. Do you have a map that shows your route?

Thanks @rc51kid ! There are three different tracks... (you do need permits to go back in there, so make sure you get them before hand)
#1 from road near Hite UT to Sunset Pass camp site (missing the 1st bit, forgot to hit record)
#2 from Sunset Pass camp site to the Doll House camp sites (there are 3 Doll House sites)
#3 from The Wall camp site back to the road near Hite UT.

#1 - GaiaGPS - Road to Sunset Pass Camp Site (missing 1st part from road)
#2 - GaiaGPS - Sunset Camp Site to Doll House
#3 - GaiaGPS - The Wall Camp Site to Road (Out Track)

On the way out we were going to go out the Sunset Pass track, but it started raining and we ran into some trouble, so we went back out to Hite. Also, on the Sunset Pass trail you have to cross the Dirty Devil River and we were not sure how high it was.

-mike

Thanks @rc51kid ! There are three different tracks... (you do need permits to go back in there, so make sure you get them before hand)
#1 from road near Hite UT to Sunset Pass camp site (missing the 1st bit, forgot to hit record)
#2 from Sunset Pass camp site to the Doll House camp sites (there are 3 Doll House sites)
#3 from The Wall camp site back to the road near Hite UT.

#1 - GaiaGPS - Road to Sunset Pass Camp Site (missing 1st part from road)
#2 - GaiaGPS - Sunset Camp Site to Doll House
#3 - GaiaGPS - The Wall Camp Site to Road (Out Track)

On the way out we were going to go out the Sunset Pass track, but it started raining and we ran into some trouble, so we went back out to Hite. Also, on the Sunset Pass trail you have to cross the Dirty Devil River and we were not sure how high it was.

-mike
Thanks!

Any chance you or anyone else will be back down there for Cruise Moab? I see a less than 1% chance i will have time to swing byMoab on my way out to WY but i can always dream. The timing would be perfect to stop into Cruise Moab.

Rebuilt the sub in the 470 and recovered the grill.
1B528C37-944B-4959-A8E9-E97B95005610.jpeg
5E411392-37E5-479B-A5B5-0C24D2412602.jpeg

Harmonics are a pain, thought the tranny was coming out again but looked much closer before we were getting ready for a pia job. Noticed that the twinstick linkage was just barely touching the body, did some clearance work and all the noises went away!! Sometimes things work out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom