what else? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i saved up for two years and got my first car, its an fj60 and its no car its a rig baby i first saw one 5 years ago on the disc channel on some thing down under after seeing that wheel on the tv i was sold..so ive had it a year now ive got the body down with some freash paint,,, and ive down everything i can do by myself (keep in mind my cruiser is my first and only car i only hope i can keep it forever,,so im readin everything i can about the 2f)
so ive changed all the fluids,belts,plugs,wires,cap&rotor,pvc valve, cleaned it up a touch, im just wondering if there is somthing about the 2f that needs special attention??? i want my rig to run forever ;) well as long as i can make the run til i have to overhaul it or throw in a new one..anything help would be great. im gettin ready for a soa and i just want her runnin top notch ;)

to the real cruiser heads :beer:

hell yeah great movie up there with fight club and shawshank redemption...

Lets see....

Axle upgrades

Diff upgrades

trans and t-case gearing upgrades

just for starters...

Nice platform! Have fun!

PROFILE says South Florida ;)

Did you do the rear quarter panel trim?

2 things I can think of. Adjust the valves and make sure the cooling system is in good shape. if it were me I would replace all the hoses and t-stat, flush the rad and block, I do this on every new/old cruiser I get(unless it's been done by the PO recently and I have proof, such as the part tags still on the hoses) cheap insurance.

John H

i live about 20 miles north of miami i just moved here from PA 2 months ago,and its a huge change from rolling moutians and not a soul on the road but ya have to love the beach, so i have been testing her out in the sand but i want to get my soa done before i start college agian because as soon as that lets out im driving up the coast in her to spend the summer in PA and really test the new set up............yeah some jimmy hendrix and a weekend in the garge and it was done it actually came out pretty nice.

ps. its not that humid its just a crappy digital camera...thanks for all the help

oh yeah is there a place to get the same exact hoses or should i just measure it up and head over to napa????????

[quote author=lowtideride link=board=1;threadid=6287;start=msg50706#msg50706 date=1066144436]
oh yeah is there a place to get the same exact hoses or should i just measure it up and head over to napa????????
[/quote]

yes there is....the dealer, I only use OEM hoses on my Cruisers. I'm sure you can get the correct ones from Napa as well.....but i have never looked.

John

haha i dint even notice that your name was knuckle dragger...from the name im guessin your a snowboarder..i use to rip up in the poconos (PA) before i moved down here, i cant wait to go back up north and rip it up for xmas......al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom