What does this go to on the Intake Manifold? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am unsure as to what this goes to off of the intake manifold

Resized_20230803_113306_12370955924133.jpeg.jpg

That is a broken 'gas filter'. It is a vacuum distribution port.

Since it is broken, it is an active vacuum leak, remove and cap the port or replace with a new filter. Your choice.

Port thread is 1/8" BSPT.

New OEM options if you'd like a convenient vacuum port:

90917-11022 - 1 port
90917-11023 - 2 port
90917-11027 - 3 port

If you want an oem plug:

90345-51006

Last edited:
That is a broken 'gas filter'. It is a vacuum distribution port.

Since it is broken, it is an active vacuum leak, remove and cap the port or replace with a new filter. Your choice.

Port thread is 1/8" BSPT.

New OEM options if you'd like a convenient vacuum port:
We bought this FJ with a Holley Carb - all of the emissions stuff was pulled off. Do we even need this? It sounds like we could just plug it.

We bought this FJ with a Holley Carb - all of the emissions stuff was pulled off. Do we even need this? It sounds like we could just plug it.
Need is dependent on what kind of person you are. I personally would buy a single port filter to use as a quick diagnostic tool for a vacuum gauge or if you want to have a permanently mounted vac gauge.

If you don't, then a plug is sufficient. I edited my above post to include a part number for a plug.

Last edited:
Need is dependent on what kind of person you are. I personally would buy a single port filter to use as a quick diagnostic tool for a vacuum gauge or if you want to have a permanently mounted vac gauge.

If you don't, then a plug is sufficient. I edited my above post to include a part number for a plug.
Your help is much appreciated!... Thank you

You didn't say what year your 40 is, but later models use that vacuum source to run the VCV that evacuates ozone from the distributor cap. Keeps your dizzy from rusting so fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom