tips on removing 2h intake manifold? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI, looked around the best I could, and read through the FSM. and the FSM is the whole procedure for dissasembling the engine completely. Im hoping theres someone that can outline the minimum amount of parts removal to get the manifold off to clean and replace gaskets. shes weeping oil, and I want to sealer up good, but i dont want to remove more then I need to :)

Careful with the bolts that pass through holding the manifolds together.

Assuming you're referring to the Intake Manifold.
  • All injector lines off
  • Air intake hose off
  • Two vacuum differential hoses from Throttle Body to Injector pump off
  • Fuel Filter feed line off (get new copper crushwashers when you reinstall, one each side of the two banjos)
  • Fuel Filter output line off (new crushwashers on reinstall. one each side of both banjos (top and bottom))
  • Glow wiring needs to be detached - take photos of colours and attachment points, there'll be two thick cable
  • Disconnect throttle cable
I think you'd be free to remove the intake manifold then.. be sure that all the injector line clamps are put back on and take yourself a detailed set of photos beforehand. You should use a flare nut 17mm spanner when removing/replacing injector lines, both ends of the lines will have to come off and the injector lines set aside.

Also if you have an really oily manifold internally (they all are later in life) you should take the time to drain the governor housing of accumulated blowby oil, scroll down to "Governor Housing Drain Plug" at my Toyota Diesel site for a photo.. Toyota Diesel Documentation - https://sites.google.com/view/toyotadiesel/home

• All injector lines off
  • Air intake hose off
  • Fuel Filter feed line off (get new copper crushwashers when you reinstall, one each side of the two banjos)
  • Fuel Filter output line off (new crushwashers on reinstall. one each side of both banjos (top and bottom))
  • Glow wiring needs to be detached - take photos of colours and attachment points, there'll be two thick cable
I think you'd be free to remove the intake manifold then.. be sure that all the injector line clamps are put back on and take yourself a detailed set of photos beforehand. You should use a flare nut 17mm spanner when removing/replacing injector lines, both ends of the lines will have to come off and the injector lines set aside.

Also if you have an really oily manifold internally (they all are later in life) you should take the time to drain the governor housing of accumulated blowby oil, scroll down to "Governor Housing Drain Plug" at my Toyota Diesel site for a photo.. Toyota Diesel Documentation - https://sites.google.com/view/toyotadiesel/home
Thanks so much for writing that out. I assumed somewhere it must have already been described. Thanks a ton. I watched a video of a guy do the gaskets on a 1HZ and it looked like a chill 30 minute job. hahaha, this seems like Saturday morning affair :) Ill get to it on the next free Saturday with some sun :)

Careful with the bolts that pass through holding the manifolds together.
2H is different than a 2F
2H intake is on passenger side of the engine and the exhaust is on the driver side

2H is different than a 2F
2H intake is on passenger side of the engine and the exhaust is on the driver side
Yeah, I thought the title originally said it was a 2F manny combo.

• All injector lines off
  • Air intake hose off

That's an awesome link that is straight into my bookmarks, thank you!
Diesel and RHD are two things that don't come up much in here.

• All injector lines off
  • Air intake hose off

ooo, one other thing. whats the order to torque the nuts on reinstall? I fee like there is usually a proper order to tightening nuts in a scenario like this but cant find it for the 2h.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom