What do real land cruiser owners think of the FJC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The FJ cruiser is weak. I test drove two of them and the motor is too weak Compared to my 2013 LC. I would have to supercharge it or something to be able to drive it. Would always feel like I could of had a V8 and the gas mileage isn’t all that great on them for a v6. If the mileage was better for the power trade off I would do it but it’s too weak.

The FJ cruiser is weak. I test drove two of them and the motor is too weak Compared to my 2013 LC. I would have to supercharge it or something to be able to drive it. Would always feel like I could of had a V8 and the gas mileage isn’t all that great on them for a v6. If the mileage was better for the power trade off I would do it but it’s too weak.
Too weak? Guess you’ve never driven a REAL Land Cruiser with an I6 engine, LOL.
FJ has lots of balls from my perspective.

Too weak? Guess you’ve never driven a REAL Land Cruiser with an I6 engine, LOL.
FJ has lots of balls from my perspective.
Truth!

FJ does have a lot of balls. But not a fair comparison with a 200 series. That 5.7 is Thor's Hammer.

Bought my 2012 FJC new without even a mile on it, has the Off-road package plus all the bells and whistles. I've driven it off road (Arkansas trails), on road, through rivers, and hurricane flood waters.
I also daily drive a 1987 FJ60 with stock 2f motor with 400k on the clock, the FJ is like a rocket in comparison.
I've also driven the FJ60 through miles of Arkansas trials, rivers and even a flash flood driving from Arkansas to Texas.
Neither cruiser has ever let me down.

Now if the FJ Cruiser a real Land Cruiser?
I'm going to say no, but its still a Toyota Cruiser, very capably and dependable. So I'm not going to hold that against it.

Last edited:
I have both. I like them.,

I have a 83 BJ 40 and a 2016 FJ Cruiser, I had the choice of getting the two door 1GRFE FJ71 but I needed the drivability of the FJ over all kinds of terrains that I face. They are both TOYOTA and are fun to drive with the FJ being more practical of the two and Toyota. However to address Land Cruiser snobbery, agreed FJ Cruiser is not a Land Cruiser like the Land Cruiser is not a G Wagen.

Truth!

FJ does have a lot of balls. But not a fair comparison with a 200 series. That 5.7 is Thor's Hammer.
That's OK, I don't consider a 200 a Real LandCruiser either.

20200823_153529.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom