What did you put in your military trailer today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not really happy about this one but with the extreme drought, we have been having well issues this year. Had to get a big water bottle. 325 gallons. Used some 3” x 3/16” angle iron to build a mounting system bolted to the bed.

B277AFB0-784D-49C1-9D1E-B26D4E891F3F.jpeg
5CD9F085-54E9-4A3F-9804-FBAC99257FE9.jpeg

Sorry to hear...so is that drinking, or emergency purposes...hope it rains soon!

Sorry to hear...so is that drinking, or emergency purposes...hope it rains soon!
We always haul drinking water as the well water while potable tastes like crap. This would be all other household water use. Our well pumps into a 1500 gallon underground cistern. So if the well goes dry I just dump into the cistern if hauling.

Yeah, that sucks. Sounds like the drought might be here to stay for awhile. How far do you drive to get water, have to buy it? Sorry for dumb questions, but never thought about those problems. Our well is 480 feet deep and very drinkable. I do keep a 525 gallon tank in the basement filled in case the the electric shuts off and gives me time to roll in the generator. Water is top priority and need a good back up plan.

Good luck!

Hour round trip to fill but it’s cheap. Like $0.006 a gallon. My well is 287’ deep. Generally I don’t have issue but a neighbors well was leaking for almost 2 weeks and drained the aquifer. That happened one other time when another neighbor drilled a new well and the drilling company didn’t cap it for nearly 2 weeks. Should have been capped in 48 hours. Otherwise in 13 years I’ve only had one naturally occurring loss of water that lasted about a week. But this summer is looking really bad so preparing for the worst.

I feel bad about the whole thing out West, a lot of people stressed. It's good you're thinking ahead and preparing.

Not really happy about this one but with the extreme drought, we have been having well issues this year. Had to get a big water bottle. 325 gallons. Used some 3” x 3/16” angle iron to build a mounting system bolted to the bed.

View attachment 2708314View attachment 2708315
DRMO sells water buffaloes. Takes a while to get that taste out of it but they are available. You might consider that.

DRMO sells water buffaloes. Takes a while to get that taste out of it but they are available. You might consider that.
I know but the last thing I need is another trailer parked in the yard. Plus they are more weight than I want to tow with my 80.

4 more trees loaded up today. Boy did most of that while I fell and bucked them. I’m also running a new saw this season. MS-462cm. It’s been a dream to have the extra power and anti-vibration system of a pro-saw.

1790F81C-8739-411B-B210-AB65927F67F9.jpeg

Man oh man, I've been looking at that one. You really like it? Getting ready for our Fall Pig Party and I'm in charge of firewood...
So far super happy with the 462. It’s only a couple ounces heavier than by old 290 and offers almost double the power. I considered the 500i as it was only about $200 more but didn’t want to deal with the extra weight. Plus where do you draw the line to simply cut firewood?

I considered the 500i as it was only about $200 more but didn’t want to deal with the extra weight. Plus where do you draw the line to simply cut firewood?

Yeah, I thought about the 500i, also. Looked at some videos and the 462 was just as fast cutting if not faster, plenty good enough for me.

Camp supplies for the last trip of the season. The extra capacity makes a big difference with the gf/dog along for the trip.
View attachment 2788895

View attachment 2788894

nice looking m101! i had a hard time finding one in SK that wasn’t all rusted out. ended up importing mine from ontario almost rust free. now my job is trying to keep it that way.

what year is your trailer do you know? i notice your red reflector tape is on an angle. was it like that when you bought it? just curious about the differences from year to year!

nice looking m101! i had a hard time finding one in SK that wasn’t all rusted out. ended up importing mine from ontario almost rust free. now my job is trying to keep it that way.

what year is your trailer do you know? i notice your red reflector tape is on an angle. was it like that when you bought it? just curious about the differences from year to year!
Thanks… I probably looked for 5yrs before I found mine but I did find it here in Regina and in nice shape.

It’s a 92 I think, angled red reflector was me it didn’t come that way. Original reflectors weren’t doing much reflecting after 30yrs outside. I’ve used it a lot this year camping, but I need to get a metal lid to store things at the campsites with bears around.

yeah i built a lid. i actually use it to haul a little 12 foot boat for small lakes and i’ll be putting bike racks on it for all the family bikes. it’s been such a great purchase. i had it sandblasted so lost my reflector stickers too. put new ones on but tried to keep them the same size and location as original. i’ve modified the trailer so much though so stock doesn’t matter too much. mines a 91. my wife convinced me to paint it to match the truck. while it looks good i kind of wish i had stayed with the military green!

6BBA1FB0-23C1-4407-9EAA-9BF23E836EEE.jpeg

Neighborhood clean-up day for the hellbillies...

uCv2Ha.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom